Affordable Housing-Phibblestown Wood-Ongar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zara

Hey guys!

Does anyone know anything about the new development phibblestown wood in Ongar? Would be grateful for any info as i got offered a place there under the affordable housing!

Re: Phibblestown wood

Hey guys!

Does anyone know anything about the new development phibblestown wood in Ongar? Would be grateful for any info as i got offered a place there under the affordable housing!

check here :- [broken link removed]

Hi Zara,

What did you want to know? I got offered a place there too and I jumped at it. Have been out visiting it every week like a proud parent. I've seen a good few developments and I thought these were great, location-wise and layout.

Did you get offered it recently? I turned up at the interviews in Blachardstown library a few months back and when my turn came the developer said there were only four left.

Should be ready in October.

Stevo

Hi Zara,

What did you want to know? I got offered a place there too and I jumped at it. Have been out visiting it every week like a proud parent. I've seen a good few developments and I thought these were great, location-wise and layout.

Did you get offered it recently? I turned up at the interviews in Blachardstown library a few months back and when my turn came the developer said there were only four left.

Should be ready in October.

Stevo

There is a few 2 and 3 beds left. Contact (01) 870 8412 for more details.

Re: Affordable Housing-Phibblestown Wood

Stevo32, Just wondering if you were waiting long to be offered the place in ongar?

c

Anybody know if there is going to be a DART station for Ongar at some stage, like Adamstown etc or is it near the station at Clonsilla?

show house on view this weekend according to a radio add on Q102 yesterday!

Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been up to my eyes. I have to confess I am a little confused. I was on a list with Fingal and I never got to view the property, I met the develop at Blanch library and he told me there were very few places left - that was months ago. I felt under huge pressure to take it there and then as there were a load of people waiting. No regrets though!

But then I hear they are viewing a showhouse on Saturday so I pop down to sneak a look at my place, however it seemed that people could buy them there and then. Is this right?

Charo, I was with AHI and I didn't have to wait very long. But then I took the first property that was offered to me. I don't think everyone does and I just wanted a two bed apartment that was not too far out. The system worked for me but I know not everybody has had easy.

Phibbleberry - what did you get? House or apartment?

what did you make of the show unit? i though its was pretty big.. and a decent back garden....

Yeah I thought it was great. I was impressed when I met the developer in Blanch. He cut out the middle man and I got the impression that he was genuine.

It also gave me an opportunity to see what the fittings that are included are like.

Now I have seen the showhouse I am hoping the apartment is just as good. October seems very far off for an estate that looks nearly finished but I guess it gives us another few months to save a few quid. Is the whole estate AHI? It's all a bit vague.

Hey Guys,

Yeah, was really impressed with the showhouse, am very excited.

We bought one of the Semi's, like yourself Stevo, in the library a couple of months ago (and like you, found Conor really genuine). The whole estate is AHI, the eight duplex's on the way in were meant to be the original scheme, but seemingly the sold them too. We were under the impression we'd have to take there and then, but am really glad now as people queued from 3pm on Friday!!!

They plan to start giving out keys at the end of August, and it'll be October by the latest that people get them, they reckon it'll be Sept when the majority of people get them. The reason for the delay is they are waiting for ESB to lay power lines, they can't lay the roads til then. ESB have said mid June and then it'll take about 6-8weeks to pave. They also have to finish commissioning and snags etc...

Can't wait to move in, have already started decorating it in my head!!

Fair play to you PB. How did you get all that info? I was trying to get it out of the lads on the site but they wouldn't commit to anything.

I'm not in a semi but a two bed apartment. I know what you mean about the planning. I would love to be in by September. Funds will be very tight for a while.

I think supply is nearly exceeding demand in Fingal. I am living in the SDCC area but to be honest with you AH there is a bit of a mess. They don't have AHI but category II and told me not to hold my breath. Then last month they rang me for a viewing in Citywest, had forgotten I had applied. It's like the Cannonball Run up there, you have to race to get in your application every single time you apply for a property. And when you work full time, that is not easy.

I have no regrets though, Fingal were great for me and I work near the airport.

Oops, hit submit!

We were kinda lucky actually, sent in our application in mid March and got a call within about 10 days asking to go to the Library and that, weren't offered anything else, just snapped this up as I'm from the general area.

We're kinda hoping its October, to save that little bit more - I'm really excited - spent last night lugging a washing machine, dishwasher and bed from one brothers house to another for storage til then!! Am taking everything thats offered at the mo!

Looks like it'll be a nice estate - nice mix, all owner occupiers, all similar situations! Have you done the drive to the airport yet to check it?

hello all.. just reading through the thread... wanted to say Hidy Ho new neighbours.. I got 2 bed Apt up in phibblestown in Feb, picked it out in the Library.. much the same as yourself Stevo.. went up on Sat to view house, mainly to see kitchen and fittings.. looked great I thought.. Just come back from walking the dog and they're laying tar on some of the roads.. Yippee !! cant wait..
Spoke to the guy in charge on Sat, and the whole estate is AHI, and they were selling off 90 units on Sat, all sold by the time I reached the top of the que and got to view the showhouse.. I snapped mine up too when offered .. Ive spent the last 2 years bidding on places and being gazumped and out bidded.. It was a really fast process, I put in application and was contacted about 10 days later to say I had an appointment up in the library, I was the third person to pick so I'd a great choice.. and would have been greatful with a one bedroomed shed in D15 at that stage.. am from Coolmine oiginally.. anyway great to meet ya'll :)

Last edited:
Hey guys

Just found your chat... booked one of the duplex's on saturday, spent the night in the car to get it too but they didn't have any open for us to look at. Do any of you guys have any pics of the inside of the duplex's.. Be nice to know what they look like..

One of my mates thought it looked like the duplex's shares a stairs with the 3rd floor apartment. Is that right?? sounds crazy to me if it is..

Hello neighbours,

This is great, between the two of you I have learned more about the development than I have been able to find out in four months!

PB - haven't done the run out to work yet but it has to be better than where I am commuting from now. I also heard from a friend that there is a back road near us that comes out near the airport. Will have to explore that.

RuthieNurse, I queued up as well on Saturday purely to have a look at the fittings. From looking around the space seems to be quite generous. Was quite pleased with the look of the place. Was told that one woman slept in her car overnight and even had pizza delivered to it, all to get one of the places on offer.

What's the deal with the wall they are building inside the railings. I take it we will have access to the village?

Just for the record guys.. about 10 of us poor souls spent the night in the cars outside.. We were all just up having a look then someone started queueing and we all started.. everyone started ringing mates to deliver up the blankets and beers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back