Affordable Housing-Phibblestown Wood-Ongar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dax,

I think that's great. I would have definitely slept out for one. The guy who told us that was one of the foreman and he was thrilled.

He was basically laughing at us for coming so late (about 4ish). Think of it this way, you slept out for one night but you will have that place forever!

Enjoy

S32

It depends what you bought...I know the 3bed semis were 320k (with a clawback of 27.27% when you sell on)...

Hi All,

I have a viewing today for Latchford Castaheany D15 with the Affordable Homes Initiative (Fingal). Does anybody know anything about the area, had a look yesterday looks very nice. They have 3 bed duplexs and 2 bed apts.

Stevo.. I checked on Saturday.. there'll be three access gates leading out to the green at phibblestown house development.. onto that little pedestrian road they have coming from their development, and the pedestrian gate remains open for acces to ongar village and there's also a pedestrian exit to that back road directly from our development onto the one way section of that little back road.. its literally a two minute walk to Dunnes, douglas and Kaldi's.. and the rest of the shops.. so plenty of acces to the shops on foot.. as for the airport drive there is a way to do it if you head the clonee direction and cross over to the Ashbourne road.. my sis works in the airport and I've defo driven it with her before.. its grand..
And Norton.. Ive have friends living in lachford.. they're really nice.. fab finish...
well all gotta dash.. sleep to be had before savin the world again tomorrow!!! ;)

if I'd known there was pizza and beers involved in the all night queing.. i may have joined it....:D !!!!!!!

Hello New Neighbours,
I purchased a two bedroom apartment in January via Fingal County Council. I was out to view the show house at the weekend and thought it was strange that their was properties still available because I think they are a great buy. I spoke to foreman who told me that they released the majority in January, some this month and will realease the last lot next month for sale. He said this was to give everyone a chance to purchase.

I was very impressed with the interior features in the show house but am looking for some extra work done. e.g. doors to cover where fridge units and washing machine are located. I was wondering has anyone else contacted builders for extras such as this or extra sockets and if so do you have a contact number ?

I was also advised that the move in date is September so it will be a dry summer !! Good luck to all. Yvonne S.

hey yvonne, Ive no contact numbers.. but if you do get any would you let me know cause i'd be interested in doing the same.. especially with the extra sockets...
also does anyone know if you have access to an attic storage space if your on the first floor.. (ground floor being beneath).. I know some of my friends apartments have attic spaces.. I was just wondering if any one knew??

and also if anyone has any good tilers numbers.. wooden floors.. you know stuff like that and they come recomended I'd be greatful of those kinda numbers too... know No-one in the trades unfortunately.. :( I'm sure this wont be till later, but if you guys would keep me in mind i'd be greatful..

Hi again,

I have asked a few friends about this and I'm told the lads on the site will do it for you. You have to sound them out and negotiate a good price. This all happens around snag list time apparently.

I got the name of a good guy for wooden floors off a girl in work. Think I have to buy the wood and he will put it down.

Like you all I'm a bit clueless about the whole process. All I know is my first purchase is an alarm, then I'll worry about the rest of it.

Stevo 32

was up there tonight having a look... all the roads are surfaced now and the paths are going.. Yay.. hopefully with the good weather they'll keep on trucking and we'll be in our new places at the end of the summer.. although am not in too much of a rush cause am trying to get furniture sorted.. expensive stuff... if needs be I'll move in with a bean bag and a blow up matress!!!

HI All,

Provisionally booked a 3 bed duplex in Latchford castaheany D15 on the Initiative. Has anybody else booked or been out to view. Was really impressed with them ,3 bed is 1200 sqft.

congratulations Norton.. thats a grand size!!! as I told ya before my friends live in latchford and their place is fab.. best of luck with it all...:D

Hi Everyone, We were also lucky to get a 3 bed after a fun night of camping, we have been looking at floors and couches but have a slight problem

I don’t have the measurements of the show house (same as the one we are getting) so picking out furniture and pricing floors its quite hard.

Would anyone have the measurements of the house or know a way of getting them

I have gotten a few quote on Alarms and the best one is 640.00 fitted for a 3 bed and 123.ie are doing cheaper home and lift assurance than ebs

Congrats to all who got a place.

I noticed that one of the 3 beds was going for €320k. Is that with the Affordable Housing Initiative discount taken into consideration? If so, I'm not sure how great a deal this is considering the restrictions.
There are plenty of 3 beds for sale in Ongar at the moment in the €317.5k to €330k range without any of the AH or AHI restrictions so it would be well worth looking into those, particularly now that it looks like an FF goverment so there would be no FTB stamp duty even for those over the €317.5k mark.

Hi All,

I contacted Trish in Liberty Development re: additions to property. She told me it is not their policy to make any changes before the keys are handed over but gave me the number of the carpenter if I require changes after I move in. His name is Donal Sweeney ph 057 91 35566

Yvonne S.

Hi All,

I contacted Trish in Liberty Development re: additions to property. She told me it is not their policy to make any changes before the keys are handed over but gave me the number of the carpenter if I require changes after I move in. His name is Donal Sweeney ph 057 91 35566

Yvonne S.

Hi Yvonee would you by any chance have liberty homes number they may be able to give me the measurements i need

Thanks

hey yvonne, i was talking to a couple of the lads on the site and although your right and its not their policy to change anything before keys are handed over incase for whatever reason the sale falls through, but they told me that if you can find the electricians and carpenters yourself onsite by asking around they'll do it on the Q.T. for cash... i know my sis did it with her place.. seems pretty standard practice on sites.. have another friend who got her attic space floored for 300 quid... .. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back