Affordable housing interview

Sorry if I offended you Judybaby73 but it doesn't change my opinion. Not a personal attack on you but it grates on me when people complain about people breaking the law and conning other people out of a house if they're not prepared to report it. All you'd have to do is ring the county council. Indeed that's all you could do. People who do that with their affordable house are laughing their heads off at all the poor suckers trying to get on the ladder, including you. I just wouldn't be able to stand letting them get away with it, especially not if I was on the waiting list for a house! Is it really so common?

Judybaby73 said:
I wouldn't report it...it's too common! I'd be on the phone all day AND yes I have been posting alot about trying to get a house (Im entitled to).As you might be aware AnnR I know I am not going to get an affordable house so have put the ridiculous idea out of my head. Also WilliePat has said he knows of this happening too. It's a common practice. Why would you report it as you'd only be reporting "them to themselves" if that makes sense! Please be a bit kinder in your messages AnnR .I'm quite sensitive ...NOT!

madisona said:
There may be nothing illigeal here. If they both applied seperately as single people and they were both first time buyers.

Absolutely nothing illegal here but it surely becomes illegal when she moves in with "him" and she rents "hers".

AnnR it is common practice. Williepat agrees with me too and could tell you more storeis. Maybe this is just happening in Cork counnty as that's were we both appear to be from! I am going to phone the county council now and see what they have to say!!!!! I'm scared!

Sorry to hear that Bob, but I'm not surprised. I can identify lots of occasions where the properties go to family and friends of local authority personnel.

Fabio said:
Sorry to hear that Bob, but I'm not surprised. I can identify lots of occasions where the properties go to family and friends of local authority personnel.

Thank you....I thought I was dreaming!!!!!

It's happening all over the place! It's sick I know but that's just the way it's always been, why change it?

Yes, but doesn't happen everywhere. Have friend who works in housing department of local council and has still not managed to place less than around 1,300th on the list!

I do, I work in local (urban) district council.
I dont push a pen, I push a shovel.....some days.

It's who you know....bottom line!

WillyPat said:
I do, I work in local (urban) district council.
I dont push a pen, I push a shovel.....some days.

It's who you know....bottom line!

Ok guys ...i just rang the council and told them all I know! They will evict both people involved and those in the rented house by 12 noon tomorrow. ha ha!

No invstigation needed...they believe me!!!!!!

WillyPat said:
Did you give your name?

ok...was obviously joking about the eviction. I had to give my name as they wouldn't act on it otherwise. I said I had a suspicion and thought this was unfair. I hope my tyres won't be slashed tonight as I'd say under the freedom of info act they are entitled to know who I am! AnnR get your wallet out as you suggested I ring them!!:D

Fabio said:
I can identify lots of occasions where the properties go to family and friends of local authority personnel.
Steady on here, folks. You can ring up your CoCos all you like, but please on AAM.

DrMoriarty said:
Steady on here, folks. You can ring up your CoCos all you like, but please on AAM.

Fair enough but surely it's ok to say that one knows of cases where people have got houses on False Pretences. We won't state which county council!!!!!:)

Thanks Doctor!
[SIZE=-2]

[/SIZE]

Re: Public Meeting

madisona said:
maybe its time to do something about the situation instead of complaining.
A public meeting is being held to discuss the housing situation in cork and the length of the affordable housing waiting lists.
Victoria Hotel, Patricks Street , Cork City.
Thurs 6th April at 8pm
further details on the front page of the Cork Independant

Is that just for Cork City or can us culchies in the county go too?

Does anyone know what the waiting list is like for the Fingal Area? I have recently applied for this and was just wondering how long the whole process takes.

Back