Affordable Housing Initiative Greater Dublin Area-Dublin, Kildare, Meath and Wicklow

Re: Affordable Housing Initiative Greater Dublin Area-Dublin, Kildare, Meath and Wick

Just a quick update, I got in touch with the AHI and they said the S23 owner occupier relief is for the first occupier and as the AHI never occupied the apartment there should be no problem for us to receive the relief. I contacted Sheehan and Co to try get the correct statement of cost but they wont deal with me they will only deal with my solicitor. If anyone else has any joy keep us posted.

Re: Affordable Housing Initiative Greater Dublin Area-Dublin, Kildare, Meath and Wick

For the ESB bills, make sure the developer paid his share before you took it on. Usually when houses are built, they use it to test if all the electric fittings work and some kindly pass it on to unsuspecting eager new homeowners. It happened to a friend of mine last year and she asked ESB to break the bill down into 2 categories:

1- the balance she was bringing forward from her previous place and
2- the new balance in the new house.

Based on #2, she was able to deduct from the time frame that she couldn't have racked up that much from the new house when she hadn't even moved in. She went straight to the developer, whom didn't put up much fight strangely. So, try your luck.

Has anyone submitted anything to the Revenue yet for the S23 Relief?

Also looking at everyone's posts about the lecky bills - I just presume that we're set up with the night saver rate but maybe this is something for everyone to check as well. I havent got my bill yet how long was everyone in before they got there first bill??

We were in 2 months before we got our first ESB bill. My girlfriend went up to the revenue with the forms 2 weeks ago but they said that the statement of cost wasn't good enough,they needed a more detailed one.

anyone an joy in filling out the section 23 form now that were supposed to have all the info.

anyone an joy in filling out the section 23 form now that were supposed to have all the info.

Anxious,
im not too sure myself but what ive done is ticked "no 2. New House purchased from builder"

and in the calculation of Relief just filled in section 2
purchase price: what I paid
cost of construction : total construction cost from letter

Total cost of work: Dont know what to put here so left blank

Site Cost: Amount on letter

Im just going to send it off to get it in before the deadline of July 1. At least they'll have it and if they need more info then can contact me

Is the Section 23 form only for investors ?

Im just going to send it off to get it in before the deadline of July 1. At least they'll have it and if they need more info then can contact me

Hi Studio,

Never heard about this deadline, where did you see this? Bit worried now!!

thanks for the help studio i have done th esame with mine

Can I ask where the deadline is coming from? Not all apartments are moved into therefore anyone not in yet wont get it...

Can I ask where the deadline is coming from? Not all apartments are moved into therefore anyone not in yet wont get it...

To be honest im confused myself - someone told me it needs to be in by 1 July and also 13th July??? I dont understand it myself - best to call the Revenue. But if you are not moved in yet well then there is no panic cause you cant claim relief until you close!

I rang the Revenue today and ive been told mine has been processed - should see it in my salary within the next 2-3 weeks :D

Is the Section 23 form only for investors ?

No - you can claim Owner-Occupier relief also. This is the form you need.

[broken link removed]

I put in for the Section 23 Relief and its all sorted. Tax Relief can also be claimed on the Maintenance fee's but you'll have to wait until the end of the year and get the Management Company to give you a breakdown on the amount spent on Bin Charges for everyone.

Hi

who can apply section 23 relief? and if i bought an affordable house, what kind of tax relief can i apply? or if i rent out one of the rooms, what tax relief can i get? could the tenant get rent relief as well? any advice appreciated. im just confused. thanks!

HAs anyone claimed Owner Occuper relief for Arena Court? HOw much are we entitled to and how do I go about applying for it ? Thanks...

This is only available for certain income catagories:

Ie thouse that earn between
€45,000 and €58,000 as a single applicant or have a combined income of €45,000 up to €75,000 as joint applicants.​

If you are in this category APPLY NOW! Its first come first served!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

As some one (qualified with a PhD in medical research), who earns less than 40K - I am once again missing out. But I am at least entilteld to wait the 2/3 years on the "Normal" affordable housing list (- hoping the government will not back out of the system in the meantime).​

But what happens if you earn between 40-45K - There are no options at all????​

Okay for the lucky few who earn the right amount the prices for South Dublin Co Co are:​

Purchases on the open market for Affordable Housing South Dublin County Council​

Location Units Beds Unit Type Price Range​

City Park, City West 43 2 Apartments €230,000 - €275,000
Arena Court, Tallaght 25 2 Apartments €230,200 - €280,000
Priors Gate, Tallaght 24 2 Apartments €248,000 - €290,000

The Paddocks, Adamstown 21 2 & 3 Apts & Duplex’s €200,000 - €280,000​

I received a call from South Dublin Co Co today about Priors Gate apartment 2 bedroom -- i asked him the price and he said between 280k & 300k -- im shocked to see that above was the original price for these!! The house prices are dropping all the time yet this apartment has increased in value by 50k??????

No - you can claim Owner-Occupier relief also. This is the form you need.

[broken link removed]

can you claim Section 23 and Owner-Occupier relief.....or are these two things the same?

can you claim Section 23 and Owner-Occupier relief.....or are these two things the same?

Its the same thing - you are claiming Section 23 relief being an owner-occupier

Back