€3 for a cup of coffee in Galway

I'm sorry but here you have recommendations from the WHO, the FAO, the American FDA and your own FSAI to watch the intake of products that contain acrylamide, a known carcinogen and neurotoxyn. It is not disputed that acrylamide is bad for human beings, it is under scrutiny if the amounts found in food are enough to cause cause damage. I really don't think you are in a position to dismiss this as non-scientific or as a "scare story". It is a warning, and considering that crisps,chips and now coffee are basic foodstuff over here, it seems to me a valid warning.

I think you'll find you have a very limited diet if you read all the stories about sources of carcinogens, and try to eradicate them all.

I've noticed the way people are taking up space in restaurants, pubs and cafes alright. Those lousy space-taker-uppers will get their comeuppance!
:confused:

The point I was making was that rent, heating, insurance, waiters, cleaners, etc do not come cheaply. Space, and the other things I mentioned cost money. If you're going to sit in a cafe, these things will inevitably be priced into the coffee.

Back