Woman proposing to the man!!!!

A year might be a bit soon though, I always thought that if your meant to be with someone forever why would it matter when you got married. Marry in haste, repent in leisure and all that. For the record I got married a few months ago after about a 5 year, 4 months, 2 weeks and a day long relationship.:D It was a great day. Only now am starting to understand the enormity of it. there's plenty of time.

A year might be a bit soon though, I always thought that if your meant to be with someone forever why would it matter when you got married. Marry in haste, repent in leisure and all that. For the record I got married a few months ago after about a 5 year, 4 months, 2 weeks and a day long relationship.:D It was a great day. Only now am starting to understand the enormity of it. there's plenty of time.

tell us more about the enormity of it please (no dirty jokes!!).
Im planning on doing the deed next year sometime and at that stage will be in the relationship around 5 years.

tell us more about the enormity of it please (no dirty jokes!!).
Im planning on doing the deed next year sometime and at that stage will be in the relationship around 5 years.

Well in my case, when the planning starts ye will, or you will,only concentrate on the day and all it entails. Its a massive commitment and this is something that is forgotten in the hype. Don't get me wrong, I was commited to my wife long before she strangled me with that ring:D.

I love my wife very much and am sure she is the one and when you marry your saying thats it, no more chatting up women etc. not that I wounld do that when she was my girlfriend, its more of a mental thing, a closing of a chapter.

Funny thing is ,due to work we have to live in different parts of the country for a few months and my mates slang me off saying if I knew she'd leave me as soon as I married her, I'd have married her years ago, mates eh?!:)

Its a massive commitment
Have to agree with you DJ, I'm with oh 12 years, very happily, we're getting married next year. I was away with work recently and it was my first time on my own since getting engaged and it hit me! Jebus! this time next year I'll be a married woman and I found it a bit scary! We always knew we'd get married but it is a big thing! no pun intended! :p

Thanks DavyJones - good insight!!!

Im not doing the 'big traditional Irish wedding' myself so the plans for the day are going to be very small (if I could get away with it Id have just myself and himself in the registry office with 2 witnesses and a quiet dinner after, but his immediate family would like to attend :))

I like the idea of the mentally closing a chapter - sounds good to me. Thats what you go into it for isnt it? I think some people dont take the moral aspect of what thay are entering into seriously enough, I know a couple who had an enormous wedding, very expensive and less than a year later the marraige was over, neither could see past the big day itself and both indulged in activities better suited to single people (nightclubs at the weekend with workmates) after they married - I think when youre making a committment that big you need to take a look at whats 'appropriate' in the context of being married. Its about showing respect for your partner and for yourself and the institute of marraige that you have both entered into.

Thats my tuppenceworth of the morning anyway :)

Surely 'flirting' is a form of 'proposal'. Therefore girls (at least the ones that flirt) are on permapropose. I've just been listening to a radio prog where the girl that runs the show came to that conclusion. Something about the new 'sex in the city' show. Sorry in advance if I offend any misandrists.

Have to agree with you DJ, I'm with oh 12 years, very happily, we're getting married next year. I was away with work recently and it was my first time on my own since getting engaged and it hit me! Jebus! this time next year I'll be a married woman and I found it a bit scary! We always knew we'd get married but it is a big thing! no pun intended! :p

Am glad to hear am not the only person with oh for yonks before getting hitched am with oh for almost ten years, but engaged for nine of them and absolutely fed up with people asking when the big day is. It is more than likely going to be next year but we have to decide what type of weddin we would both like, as am not the really the frills and thrills kinda gal.

I was just wondering what people think of this?
I am usually very traditional when it comes to the man asking the woman all the major things in life...
How would the man feel if he was proposed too?

Has anyone got any experiences good or bad??

Any news for us??

Any news for us??

Nope all quiet :L
Oh i'll be sure to let you all know if anything does happen

He was talking the other night about friends of ours that are getting married in the Maldives (SP) he asked what i thought of that idea

Ah he'll keep me waiting :D

I've been reading this post with interest.Being the original feminist of the seventies, I have to say it is eyeopening. Is this what it was about?
I think that any woman who is a relationship , with someone whom she loves , and who appears to love her, is perfectly entitled to propose if she wants to get married.
The answer will clarify things, one way or the other. It will at least provoke discussion and clear the air. Hanging around for someone to propose to me and trying to read their minds re their intentions would not be for me.
AnD to be honest the OP got her chance when talk of having children came up , the answer would be , yes , if I was married. Women and men have both benefited from feminism but the legal protection of marriage is still worth having if one is considering children from both parents viewpoint.
So,best of luck , but remember your own worth.

He was talking the other night about friends of ours that are getting married in the Maldives (SP) he asked what i thought of that idea

Sounds like he is deffo going to ask so.:)

its definitely coming soon!!! he is either saving for the Rock or building up the nerve!!!

Back