Woman proposing to the man!!!!

Think carefully about this. getting married to a woman is the signal that she has her man and she can now mould him into the man she actually wants; lose the bad manners, dress better, drink less, wash etc. For the bloke, all he wants to do is to spend the rest of his life with the woman he married - i.e. for her not to change a bit. Everyone ends up dissapointed.

The end.

Ah blue spud that's shocking! iI'm getting married next year it couldn't be that bad! could it!

Whatever you do don't get involved with that dreadful "Marry Me" crap on RTE at the moment.....

Does he read AAM? Presumably there's no deviousness (get him to hurry up) attached to this thread

Ha ha no there's def no deviousness on my part, just after him mentioning it i can't get it outta my head..
Just gonna enjoy what we have at the moment and if and when he asks that all important question i'll enjoy the moment

Ah BlueSpud you seem to be talking from experience there
I'd never try and change him, i fell for him warts and all, he has a few faults but sure don't we all, no one is perfect eh....
Life would be pretty dull if we all were

I'd never try and change him, i fell for him warts and all, he has a few faults but sure don't we all, no one is perfect eh....
Well that that should work out for you so. Some brides-to-be think marriage = aisle altar hymn.

Ahhhh.....the eternal question: when is "soon" - well it depends on what is coming at the end of "soon".

For items like beer, food, football, sex etc soon is really soon, as in within 60 minutes; anything else can wait

you are wrong. 60 minutes is not soon. For beer, food, football, sex soon is now!

Not related in any way to the OP, but an interesting article on 'modern love' in the NYT.

You get the impression that young women really have come out the worse in matters of 'modern love'.

Things gettin' tricky with messy talk of marraige & babies - time to move on buddy!

You can just imagine the smirk on the guy's face who says his disregard for monogamy was - wait for it - the ultimate nod to feminism.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/04/f...int&adxnnlx=1210100485-6WUqxRzIcpE8JPBwGaGSqg

Ah BlueSpud you seem to be talking from experience there
Life would be pretty dull if we all were

Whats the rush, if ur only together a year. My oh proposed v early into relationship ie 4 months later and almost ten years on we're still not hitched.

Foxylady don't get me wrong i'm not in a hurry at all, he brought up the subject and i just can't stop thinking bout it ever since..
I'm trying to put it to the back of my mind and just enjoy what we have right now and if things happen down the line great.. .

I can understand that all right but from what you say its probably shortly on its way, as men dont just ask these questions out of curiosity. Best of luck and keep us posted when he does do it, meanwhile take up a hobby to occupy your thoughts.

Well Angrygirl, have u proposed yet ? Not pressuring you or anything .....

I wouldn't propose if I were you. If he is not ready, he may run. If he is ready, he'll ask you.