What/What Not to Buy at Lidl/Aldi

ClubMan said:
Bring it back - they normally have a no quibble money back guarantee even if the goods were simply not to your liking. However they are obliged to give you a refund if the goods were faulty anyway.

Didn't keep the receipt. I can still use the pan but just can't lift it up.

Have just checked the labels of Aldi's crumbed ham by "Brannigans"..its nutriotional content is identical to that of Shaws crumbed ham and the packaging carries the same code IRL P310 EEC..does anyone know the significance of these codes ? It would appear that this is the same product rebranded as is the case with many others.

Cahir said:
Didn't keep the receipt. I can still use the pan but just can't lift it up.
Any proof of purchase will do - e.g. if you paid by Laser/CC then a stub should do. In practice Lidl/Aldi tend to sell stuff not available elsewhere and are generally pretty good at taking things back on a no quibble basis even without a receipt.

franmac said:
I tried the mini keg last summer and it was really nice and using the long narrow beer glasses that were also bought there we got lots of refills.
They are very good value.

Even better value at the monent. They are special offer at E9.99

[broken link removed]

Murt

northsideboy said:
Would anyone recommend the digital camera as advertised by Aldi for this Thursday?

You might be better off posting in the IT, Broadband, Digital Cameras etc section with more specifics (it looks ok to me for the price).

The problem with some cheap and cheerful digital cameras is the quality of the lens. Much of the technology used in digital cameras is commodity stuff but sometimes the established camera manufacturers excel in terms of lens quality. This is why I bought a Canon (PowerShot A520) a while ago instead of a generic or cheaper make.

Aldi's pumpernickel-style bread. It's branded Meierbaer and is called Wholemeal Rye Bread. 69c. Seven slices in the pack. Keeps for months unopened. A good store cupboard standby. Great with hummus.

Aldi's spinach & ricotta tortelloni (both the fresh and freeze-dried) are very good, their mozzarella is good too.

I love luxury topped frozen salmon from Aldi and Crema di Vienna ice cream from Lidl.They are delicious!

we bought the power washer and accessory in Aldi last Sunday (total of 170/180 euros for both) compared to exact same accessory in argos and similar power washer (which wasn't as good spec as the one in Aldi although same brand) this was a great price. Seems good for sortof 'one off' type stuff. Actually -does anyone know if the nappies from Aldi (and also baby wipes) are any good ?

They are just as good as say own brand Dunnes or Tescos, different than Pampers or Huggies, I would not use them on a young baby but for a bigger child they are ok.
Baby wipes are just like any cheap ones.

We found the Aldi nappies slightly better than the Lidl ones (second size up from a 6+ month old) although both were as good as bigger name brands to be honest.

Aldi
Sauvignon Blanc from Marborough,New Zealand a bargin at €5.99.

Also try thier Flamms from the freezer they are like pizza but from France and yummy.

This is a gread thread, never saw it before now!

Frozen Scampi from Lidl are lovely, frozen Crouqettes are hrrible, full of black bits!

Back