What is the Christian City Church?

This approach is designed for a different type of difficulty, typically where a parent is concerned about the quality of teaching. There can be situations (e.g. teachers using violence) where it would be seen as unsuitable.

The situation described by the OP is of the type that should be addressed with the teacher in question in the first instance. Clarification needs to be sought/an explanation given. The whole thing may be a misunderstanding and the teacher deserves a chance to explain him/herself. If the explanation received isn't to the OP's satisfaction then they move on up the ladder. Serious allegations are of course a different matter. Allegations in relation to Child Protection, for example, aren't/can't be investigated by a school and must be reported to the relevant authorities.

If the teacher is bypassed, principal will only revert to the teacher in question for an explanation.

I have no problem with my kids getting informaton on any major religious group (muslim, prodestant, buddist etc)....but the church mentioned seems to be more of the US "TV" type & I'd be VERY concerned if my kids came home with leaflets about a small auzzie church that looks like they had the photos done at Venture (very good photos I should add....again abit too professional).

I'd be VERY concerned if my kids came home with leaflets about a small auzzie church that looks like they had the photos done at Venture (very good photos I should add....again abit too professional).

Isn't it a beautifully presented website!! I agree totally, maybe more style than substance there? where are they bringing that leather sofa to?

Just a load of fuss. So that is this book 'Living a life with This post will be deleted if not edited immediately' that so upsetting and against the Roman Catholic Doctrine?

I was given two Islamic booklets waiting for the Luas during the week. I did not kick up a fuss and go complaining to Veolia or the RPA about their faculties been used to distribute non christian information/documents.

I was given two Islamic booklets waiting for the Luas during the week. I did not kick up a fuss and go complaining to Veolia or the RPA about their faculties been used to distribute non christian information/documents.

I didnt know the Luas stops were partially funded by the catholic church and people who went there expected a catholic education!

Just a load of fuss. So that is this book 'Living a life with This post will be deleted if not edited immediately' that so upsetting and against the Roman Catholic Doctrine?

You being given Islamic books at the Luas is totally different...I assume you are an adult & had the freedom to accept the books or not.

I would not agree to my kids being given such literature in the course of their school day. Teachers are there to follow the approved school course & very much doubt giving kids info on an unheard of "TV-type" regligion is part of the approved course.

Personally I would not speak to the teacher about this - I would go straight to the principal as I believe it is not appropriate.

Nobody is suggesting "burning at the stake" but I do think it is something that the school should be aware of.

Surely the only guidance that children need is teaching what is right from wrong. The law of the land is pretty close to the idea.The child will also learn from the behaviour of the parents/guardians. Respect and love will overcome most driven instincts. Abolish religious doctrine in the classroom unless it covers all major religions. "Religious explaination" rather than "doctrine", which has indoctrination connotations.

... Abolish religious doctrine in the classroom unless it covers all major religions. "Religious explaination" rather than "doctrine", which has indoctrination connotations.

If that was the decision that OP had made for the child in question that might be fine, but you have veered way OT.

Your post has nothing got to do with the case in point.

The OP asked if anyone had an opinion on that particular church ....... I have an opinion on all churches (this will include that church) and I voiced it. Now, if I hurt your religious sensabilities I'm sorry.

Back