What are we watching on TV?

Firefly

Frequent Poster
I was late into Succession and binge-watched Season 1 before Season 2 started. It's rare to have a prime-time show (HBO/SKY Atlantic) in which there are no heroes, one where you want them all to fail.
Is it any good?

TarfHead

Frequent Poster
Is it any good?
Define 'good' ;)

It's a drama said to be loosely modelled on Rupert Murdoch's family. A monster of a patriarch builds a media empire and his children make power moves against him and each other to succeed him. I've seen it labelled as a comedy-drama. While there are no straight out comedy lines, there is much to enjoy. The principal characters all have zero redeeming qualities. I spent the first 2/3 episodes thinking "when does it get good" but once it hit its stride, I was hooked.

beautfan

Frequent Poster
It's just a fascinating show isn't it.

It's my current favourite...... I think it is anyway.

I can see myself rewatching Succession and changing my mind about characters. I love Greg the most at present then it's Shive, then it's Kendall, then Roman.

So far I have consistently not liked Connor but that may change.

odyssey06

Frequent Poster
Succession... I didnt think I was going to like it even after the pilot. Its a slow burner. The season 1 finale is compelling TV especially the scene as Kendall walks to deliver his message (avoiding spoilers).

Conan

Frequent Poster
Watched Sinead O’Connor on Frid. Last time she was on the Late Late she was a “Catholic” Bishop. This time she was a “Muslim” in a hijab. I wonder what she will be the next time?