Visa Error

T

tinah

Hi All
I am looking for advice on how I can rectify an error on my Visa Card that is partly my fault.....I bought an item in a shop and then returned the item. The girl in the shop said that she would put the money €117.50 back on my visa card as a credit and asked me to key in my pin which I did. However, it is now showing on my statement as a debit...I have the receipt and it does infact say on the receipt "sale" but I never noticed it on the day!! So basically I have been charged twice for an item which I have returned..AIB have said that it is between me and the shop..Any advice on how best to handle the situation would be appreciated...Tanx

Have you approached the shop as advised? Seems to me that this is the only way to deal with it. I'm sure that they would be happy to rectify the mistake.

My advice would be go back to the store and explain what happened im sure they will be more than happy to sort out this mistake

yes, go back to the shop and explain yourself to them. i imagine they would be able to help you quite quickly.

Alex.

Back