US Presidential Election 2024

• What previous President got his cronies to stuff the ballot boxes- Kennedy
  • What previous President deliberately stalled on peace negotiations to influence an election result and probably cost the lives of American soldiers as a result- Nixon
  • What President lied through his teeth to justify a war-Bush 1, LBJ (Gulf of Tonkin)
  • What previous President probably did a deal to halt the release of hostages to ensure his opponent did not get a late election bounce- Reagan
  • What previous President went live on national TV and lied through his teeth to the American people- Clinton, probably Nixon, LBJ, the list goes on. And they all are lying to ensure re-election or their legacy
Even Obama once got an "award" for the lie of the year.

Trump is by far the worst of the lot, no arguement with that. But he is not the first who jeopardised US democracy and he won't be the last
Trump has done comparable things to all of these things too.

Trump has done comparable things to all of these things too.
Trump has normalised all of these things and lowered the bar, the immunity ruling just gives him a free hand. He'll be selling bibles that come with all sorts of classified documents. Probably an executive order for tax exemption for himself and pardons everywhere.

The classified docs was always bullsh*t. Biden got off because he was senile. The idea that The Donald would act for foreign malevolent forces is rubbish, it was always a technical lapse. I have myself retired as a director and it is very possible that I didn't return all the classified documents.
The Donald is a truly obnoxious human being - the way he attacks people on their personal defects, ugh! But if I was American I would vote for him if only to end this utterly futile Ukrainian war.
I understand that he is much more conciliatory this time round.

Last edited:
The classified docs was always bullsh*t. Biden got off because he was senile. The idea that The Donald would act for foreign malevolent forces is rubbish, it was always a technical lapse. I have myself retired as a director and it is very possible that I didn't return all the classified documents.
The Donald is a truly obnoxious human being - the way he attacks people on their personal defects, ugh! But if I was American I would vote for him if only to end this utterly futile Ukrainian war.
I understand that he is much more conciliatory this time round.
The difference was Trump lied about it, let anyone wander around the stuff... Biden didn't do any of that.

Trump has shown zero regard for the fate of Ukrainian civilians, or the fate of any under Russian occupation, he hasn't condemned Russia war crimes or atrocities. He held up aid to Ukraine as President to try to force Ukraine to dig up dirt on the Bidens.
He will sell them out and there would be no real peace. Russia will come back as they have done in the past, break treaties when they have re-armed and think opponent is weak. They have done it with Ukraine, they have done it in Chehnya, Georgia. They still have troops in Moldova despite agreeing a decade ago to remove them. People still die in 'peacetime' when it is a Russian peace.

But if I was American I would vote for him if only to end this utterly futile Ukrainian war.
Hey Duke. Just wondering how you think Trump would bring this about? My concern is that he might turn a blind eye and Putin will expand further bringing the real possibility of war in Europe which would be devestating for us on this side of the pond.

I suppose I was being provocative or just trying to prepare myself for the alley cat winning in November,
On Ukraine though, I think our own first lady was right a long time ago, no way will we force Russia out of the Donbas, never mind Crimea. Sorry, but I still see the likes of Chechnya, Georgia, Moldova even Ukraine (certainly the Donbas) as within Russia's legitimate self interests. Just as I would see Britain not just standing back if our own looneys took over and asked Russia to take us under their wing.
We're going off topic but something has been made of the similarity with Hitler's annexation of Austria and the Sudeten land. No comparison. Hitler knew that he had the capability to conquer Europe and if it wasn't for his crazy attack on Russia I would probably be speaking German today. Putin can have no possible ambition to do a Hitler.

I suppose I was being provocative or just trying to prepare myself for the alley cat winning in November,
On Ukraine though, I think our own first lady was right a long time ago, no way will we force Russia out of the Donbas, never mind Crimea. Sorry, but I still see the likes of Chechnya, Georgia, Moldova even Ukraine (certainly the Donbas) as within Russia's legitimate self interests. Just as I would see Britain not just standing back if our own looneys took over and asked Russia to take us under their wing.
We're going off topic but something has been made of the similarity with Hitler's annexation of Austria and the Sudeten land. No comparison. Hitler knew that he had the capability to conquer Europe and if it wasn't for his crazy attack on Russia I would probably be speaking German today. Putin can have no possible ambition to do a Hitler.
Russia's control on Crimea is tenuous given the geography of the situation. It may be that Ukraine can put a foot to the neck of Crimea as a bargaining tool to get other regions back.

Ukraine hasn't been taken over by 'looneys', and Ukraine were abiding by the terms of the Budapest agreement, an agreement designed to de-escalate tensions between Russia and Ukraine. It is Russia who has repeatedly broken it. The 'looneys' are therefore in Russia.

Similarly Russia is a signatory to the NATO-Russia Founding Act, which provides a framework by which countries such as Poland, Latvia etc and yes Ukraine and Georgia can join NATO. That Act limits the troops, weapons systems that could be permanently placed placed in Ukraine as a NATO member. If Russia was concerned about Ukraine militarily, why didn't it work within that framework?
So for multiple reasons, your comparison with Britain and Ireland is invalid.

What is key is that Ukraine has genuine security in any deal, which means some sort of NATO membership, and this is a good thing.
Concern about Ukraine in NATO was a complete lie from Russia, proven by them stripping their forces from NATO borders to send to Ukraine - proof they have no real concern of a NATO invasion. And the NATO-Russia Act provides the basis by which Ukraine can join NATO without it escalating an arms race in the region.

And if it won't work within the Budapest agreement, or the NATO-Russia Founding Act ... it is entirely reasonable to ask how can Russia be trusted to negotiate in good faith and abide by the agreement other than the presence of significant Western military forces in Ukraine?

Last edited:
Hitler knew that he had the capability to conquer Europe and if it wasn't for his crazy attack on Russia I would probably be speaking German today.
There's a high chance that the Irish Catholics would have been wiped our as British and American racial theory at the time, mainly influenced by Victorian writings on the subject, considered those of Celtic origin as subhuman, hence the portrayal of us as apes in Punch Magazine and the writings on the Imperial Fascist League. While Hitler considered us as less adulterated by Jewish and Slavic blood many Nazis agreed that we were mud people. The interesting thing is that we are in fact probably not Celtic at all.

Anyway, I digress, back to bemoaning the impending end of days when Trump wins his second term.

If Russia was concerned about Ukraine militarily, why didn't it work within that framework
I suspect it had a lot to do with the Yuzivska gas field, located in the Donbas region but that's because I have this niggling suspicion that most wars are actually fought over the control of resources and religion, ethnicity and which end of a boiled egg should be cracked, are only excuses.

There's a high chance that the Irish Catholics would have been wiped our as British and American racial theory at the time, mainly influenced by Victorian writings on the subject, considered those of Celtic origin as subhuman, hence the portrayal of us as apes in Punch Magazine and the writings on the Imperial Fascist League. While Hitler considered us as less adulterated by Jewish and Slavic blood many Nazis agreed that we were mud people. The interesting thing is that we are in fact probably not Celtic at all.

Anyway, I digress, back to bemoaning the impending end of days when Trump wins his second term.
Yes, we have US war with Iran on the cards... if this is anything to go by.

From CNN:

US authorities obtained intelligence from a human source in recent weeks on a plot by Iran to try to assassinate Donald Trump, a development that led to the Secret Service increasing security around the former president, multiple people briefed on the matter told CNN.

There’s no indication that Thomas Matthew Crooks, the would-be assassin who attempted to kill the former president on Saturday, was connected to the plot, the sources said.

Site faviconSecret Service ramped up security after receiving intel of Iranian plot to assassinate Trump; no known connection to shooting | CNN Politics

Odysesey 06 said "Concern about Ukraine in NATO was a complete lie by russia"
Wasn't worried about sweden/or more importantly finland which shared a long border with russia

Odysesey 06 said "Concern about Ukraine in NATO was a complete lie by russia"
Wasn't worried about sweden/or more importantly finland which shared a long border with russia
Yes and the invasion of Ukraine propelled them into joining NATO!

Investigators have found pictures on Crooks phone of both Democrat and Republican politicians. It doesn't seem that this was was politically motivated as such, but something more like the motivation behind a school shooting of a higher profile target \ bigger stage publicity wise.

Could Kamala Harris be the next US president?
no, her polls are worse than biden's. Also today she rowed in behind biden who is adamant he is not pulling out of the race. The whole rumour mill around biden pulling out seems to be orchestrated by Obama, he seems to be the one feeding the media stories also i heard he was behind the George clooney releasing that letter a few weeks ago. It all seems to be about undermining Biden's campaign to force him to pull out, Its a very stupid strategy. With the surge in trumps support since the shooting Kamala has realised that she can't win against trump and her political career is over if she loses the election to trump especially by getting the candidatcy by dumping biden out. Whatever about Biden's gaffes and old age dumping him for Kamala Harris is complete lunacy

Biden will not run for re-election, will see out term as President... endorses VP Kamala Harris as Democratic candidate for the election.

Last edited:
Biden will not run for re-election, will see out term as President... endorses VP Kamala Harris as Democratic candidate for the election.

That's the Trump win all wrapped up in a bow.

Back