Two elderly straight men getting married to reduce CAT

The elderly man was asked if he was gay and said he was not. As newirishman said, could those of you claiming he is "definitely gay" please explain how you seem to know better based on hearing him being interviewed?

It was the conclusion I came to after watching him being interviewed. Firstly I thought he was pretty camp, secondly he proposed to the man he lives with and loves. They are having a proper big wedding, hotel, meal, guest list etc. not just a registry office. The younger man stated that some of his children were not happy for reasons that he did not want to discuss further.

I’m sorry if you don’t agree but I think there is more to this then they are saying…

The elderly man was asked if he was gay and said he was not. As newirishman said, could those of you claiming he is "definitely gay" please explain how you seem to know better based on hearing him being interviewed?
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...-sex-marriage-a-tax-benefit-and-wait-a-twist/

And here is another twist in the tale. True, they are not a gay couple, but one of the men is gay. (Irish news media, the men said, reported that the two are straight and never thought to ask whether one of them is gay.)

Murphy said he had always been gay, and he has had long-term relationships in the past.

His heterosexual husband was fully aware of this.

“What does it matter, if we’re friends and it works for us?” O’Sullivan asked. His husband agreed.

“When I was in relationships with men before, it was always the friendship that was the most important thing for me,” Murphy said.

Clubman,

If want you are reporting is true, it means that the title of this thread is wrong and more disturbingly that we simply can't rely on everything that we read in the papers. ;) This would be an appalling vista indeed.

Happy Christmas!

Dan

Fair play, Bud

You was outnumbered but you was right! Over the years, I've noticed how some people are just more perceptive than others when it comes to certain things.

I am saddened by his passing. From what I've read, he appears to have been a lovely, gentle, and generous man. I'm also saddened that his legacy will be looked on as a "tax dodge" by some, rather than a way of giving his best friend and carer (and husband) more of his worldly goods.

And if I'm being honest, I find the wording of your post a bit crass, and would ask you to edit it, please.

Call it what you will, this was a tax dodge pure and simple, the lads if fairness didn’t denign this fact.
They got married so one of lads wasn’t saddled with a big tax bill, when the older one died.
As for the wording, well an investment means “an act of devoting time, effort, or energy to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result.”
I have no idea if there was more to it so i can only comment on what was reported.

Back