Trump or Biden, who will win

No I don't agree with you,

Ok, fair enough. You may at least allow me a little latitude for a differing opinion to you depending on which news feed consuming? Sky News

My impression is, that it is more than a small faction, and that an orchestrated attempt to undermine the legitimacy of the Biden Presidency is now underway. I think we are facing into another acrimonious 4yrs of a very divided country.
I could of course be wrong, but that is my impression.

I seem to remember US politics being pretty divided in the 1990s, and I don't remember anyone disputing Clinton's victories at the ballot box.
Ditto for Nixon in the 1970s based on what I have read, won an election landslide but was a very divisive figure even pre-Watergate.

Reagan won almost every electoral college vote and was seen abroad by many people as some sort of Yankee cowboy actor.
He had his battles with a Democrat controlled Congress.

Elections and politics are divisive.

I think what is more novel here is that Trump may well divide the Republicans.

I think what is more novel here is that Trump may well divide the Republicans.

Quite possibly, and that would have been my instinct, but listening to some of the commentators from America there is a level of 'Trumpism' within the party that I did not expect. I would have thought the hierarchy of GOP would have rounded on him by now but it does not appear that way.

It was a mention of the impeachment affair that is rankling with some in the Republican party. Not so much that they tried to take out Trump, but rather a sitting Republican president. They set the bar very low for impeachment and these things can fester, to the point that the legitimacy of elections is being questioned. To me, this is dangerous territory to be in.

Back