The Green List

I can't help but think that some people are screaming confusion because it suits their own agendas. If there is doubt, people will still travel where if it is black and white (and it really is black and white) people don't

For what it is worth I have no intention of getting on a plane to go anywhere , green or not, . I actually cancelled two holidays .
I have absolutely no problem with the list itself or your points either , by the way. I am just expressing an opinion that flying at the moment is stupid.
Except for essential reasons.

For what it is worth I have no intention of getting on a plane to go anywhere , green or not, . I actually cancelled two holidays .
I have absolutely no problem with the list itself or your points either , by the way. I am just expressing an opinion that flying at the moment is stupid.

I completely agree. To me the biggest risks of travel, aside from the potential insurance issue is the flight itself and the fact that it is more difficult to keep yourself informed as to what is going on locally when abroad.

See - It's not that confusing ;)

1. Cyprus
2. Estonia
3. Finland
4. Gibraltar
5. Greece
6. Greenland
7. Hungary
8. Italy
9. Latvia
10. Lithuania
11. Malta
12. Monaco
13. Norway
14. San Marino
15. Slovakia

To get to some of these destinations, they're not all countries, despite what the Dept of Geography says, your only choices are to fly to a destination *not* on the list and travel onwards from there, by road or connecting flight. Do you think they know this? Should I ring the new Super-Junior Minister for Maps with this information or will this mean another wage increase for him/her, now armed with extra knowledge?

Transiting through 3rd countries means there is the risk of joining an aircraft with passengers whose journeys originated from countries or territories *not* on anyone's green list. You didn't know this? :)

Last edited:
I have travelled through Monaco by bus several times. I have gone underneath it in a train from Nice to Italy.
I have docked in a boat in its harbour.

And I still havent set foot on its actual turf.
Its that small.

And I still havent set foot on its actual turf.
Its that small.

Monaco is very densely populated on a small piece of land yet it is on our green list which means it has less corona virus than us. How did they manage to keep it out when densely populated cities are the ideal breeding ground for corona ? maybe monaco might be a better test case than New Zealand since there were many densely populated cities ravaged by corona,

Monaco is very densely populated on a small piece of land yet it is on our green list which means it has less corona virus than us. How did they manage to keep it out when densely populated cities are the ideal breeding ground for corona ? maybe monaco might be a better test case than New Zealand since there were many densely populated cities ravaged by corona,

Interesting point. Theres a chance a lot of Monaco residents have second homes they may have cocooned in.

Also the Monaco police arent shy at keeping out randomers or tourists.
And if they say wear a mask... you better.

Pretty sure they do, but critically they also understand the difference between 'travelling from' and 'transiting through'.
Of course most Monegasques are like Purple and travel by private jet but if one was to drive from Monaco to Nice airport would you be on the Green list? What if you drive from Monaco to Orly airport in Paris? Monaco and others on the Green list is a farce of no practical consequence.

The question I want answered is how many spare seats are there on purples jet.!

Ireland is 5.2 per 100,000 cases, Canada is 2.9 per 100,000 cases. So why isn't Canada on the green list?
China is .02
It is obviously an EU thing. There is nobody on the list who is not in or has not a strong institutional relationship with the EU. I presume there is an understanding that you can't discriminate within this community other than on grounds of having worse COVID numbers. Clearly NPHET wanted a blanket ban but our EU responsibilities have intervened.

Last edited:
dont forget the locals and their views on possible covid infected tourists from ireland walking freely about their country
but the rest of europe has already lifted travel restrictions and is essentially open to travel from other european countries with a few exceptions therefore seeing travellers from other countries is not such a big issue. We are the outliers here

Greenland ? Can't see any association with Europe.

I wasn't sure myself but wiki tells me:
Greenland, an autonomous constituent country of the Kingdom of Denmark (which also includes the countries of Denmark and Faroe Islands) is one of the EU countries' overseas countries and territories (OCT).

Back