The Green List

Peanuts20

I've been listening with increasing annoyance to a lot of people going on about how "confusing" the whole issue of international travel is and that the green list is adding to this confusion. Have we got stupid as a nation and do we need as citizens to be spoonfed like a toddler? To me it is perfectly clear
  1. Don't travel internationally
  2. If you do, make sure it is only for essential purposes only (and going on holidays is not essential)
  3. if you do go you must quarantine for 14 days when you return unless you have gone to a country on the Green List
  4. If you do travel, it's quite possible that regardless of where you go, your travel insurance is invalid for everything (not just Covid)

Is that confusing??

In general, people might pay more attention if there were actual enforcement of the above... for some people the attitude is "well I won't get sick so I won't need insurance"... and there's no sun in Ireland and blah blah blah.
I think the idea of making people pay for a covid-19 test in airport would have deterred vast majority of people whose journey wasn't essential.

Also, for countries not on green list, you don't have to quarantine \ cocoon, just restrict your movements so avoid buses, restaurants, visiting people but you can go to shops or exercise. It's like you are in Phase 1.

If I'm using my own jet to travel to Spain, I have my driver collect me at the far end and I stay in my Villa only will I be okay to travel?
I intend having all the staff stay on site there and have them tested two weeks before I travel and again the day before I arrive.

If push comes to shove I'll even fork out for a test when I get back.

Leo was right, what was the point in publishing a green list if the restrictions are the same as before.

It's confusing to those who just read the headline, take their own meaning and race to Twitter or the comments section to express their outrage without actually bothering to read the details.

I find the people on the news declaring that they deserve a sun holiday quite entertaining!

They were meant to be "safe countries" for essential travel.

Mainly "people arriving to Ireland from these countries will not have to restrict their movements for 14 days."

Im sure that we all deserve a sun holiday but now is not the right time . Safety is a better option.

I agree. I deserve a jet like yours and the sunny, well-staffed villa, but it's just me the dogs and the Toyota here on a dull, drizzly morning! Boo Hoo :) :)

I agree. I deserve a jet like yours and the sunny, well-staffed villa, but it's just me the dogs and the Toyota here on a dull, drizzly morning! Boo Hoo :) :)
It's not all roses; I can't get the cabin crew to cook a fresh hot in the flight. I have to settle for cheese, wine and caviar!

Why please why are Monaco, San Marino, Gibraltar on the green list? So far as I am aware there is no public connection from any of these jurisdictions to Ireland. Were these included simply with a view to the very rare Purples of this world?
Why was the Vatican, the Falklands, Antigua, British Virgin Islands etc. etc. not on the green list?

Those countries are only there just to add to the confusion list , which seems to be getting longer each day.

Why please why are Monaco, San Marino, Gibraltar on the green list? So far as I am aware there is no public connection from any of these jurisdictions to Ireland. Were these included simply with a view to the very rare Purples of this world?
I certainly hope so!

Yes but the confusion list is growing longer than just yesterday , is what I meant

Listening to everyone on every programme on both TV and radio today , we all must be confused so , except you, of course.

Mary Lou is confused, but then that's a permanent state for her. Those most confused are those who choose to be confused. As Peanuts outlined, the policy is clear for those choose to understand it.

Back