The eighties were better ?

I really miss not being able to go to the pub and have a puff of a thin cylinder of finely cut tobacco with my beer.

Last edited:
I dont agree, I was a teenager then and I never liked the 80s music , it was a big anti climax compared to the 70s. However I really liked the 90s and love 90s music. I think the 90s was probably the best decade for Ireland in that the economy was really improving and everyone was happy to be working but it was before all the brashness of the celtic tiger era.

Oh no, PC incursion. I can hear the siren in the distance, the PC police are on their way. :D
Betsy there are clearly things I am still not worldly wise on:rolleyes: I have altered my post by insertion of the Wikipedia definition though I am a bit uncertain about "puff".

Last edited:
12) the y2k meltdown , oops ripoff , wasn't on anyone's horizon.
13) compliance hadn't taken over the asylum

Last edited:
- and near crippled the country

The statement above speaks for itself it tells me you do not understand how the system worked back then,

Last edited:
Apparently the "beast from the east" will bring the worst snow to Dublin since 1982... so we had better snow back then too...

Disclaimer: This may not be a good thing unless you are a schoolkid.

Apparently the "beast from the east" will bring the worst snow to Dublin since 1982... so we had better snow back then too...

Disclaimer: This may not be a good thing unless you are a schoolkid.
Or you hate your elderly neighbour...

Back