The eighties were better ?

RichInSpirit

Frequent Poster
Loved the eighties music, cycled to school, no SUV's.
Nowadays cameras and video cameras everywhere and big brother watching every thing.

Peanuts20

Depends where you lived. In Dublin we had 4 channels in the mid 1970s. RTE2 was #5 in late 70s and Channel 4 was #6 in early 80s.
I recall travelling up to visit the cousins every year and watching the wrestling on a Saturday afternoon, townies were so more sophisiticated then us !!

Peanuts20

B'fheidir go bhfuil tusa an "sean duine cos uait san uaigh" anois.
What has Sean Dunne got to do with Peig Sayers?

The fact that after 13 years in school learning Irish I still struggle with my smallies 2nd class Irish says a lot about school in the 70's and 80's

cremeegg

Frequent Poster
What has Sean Dunne got to do with Peig Sayers?
The first line of Peig is "sean bhean mise anois, cois uaim san uaigh" I am an old woman now with one foot in the grave.

After your post 55 above, I was suggesting, tongue-in-cheek, that while you were the bored student in the 1980s who had to endure Peig, now perhaps it is you who is the grumpy old woman.

elacsaplau

Frequent Poster
The first line of Peig is "sean bhean mise anois, cois uaim san uaigh" I am an old woman now with one foot in the grave.
Cremeegg,

Why are you making things up and butchering an teanga álainn?
That said, it's clear that you speak the good English! ;)

Peanuts20

After your post 55 above, I was suggesting, tongue-in-cheek, that while you were the bored student in the 1980s who had to endure Peig, now perhaps it is you who is the grumpy old woman.
Age is but a number and as for being a woman................... Grumpy is probably accurate though :mad:

Sold all my books after the leaving bar 2, Peig Sayers and the English translation which both went on the fire. I do regret not having better Irish but that wagon was not the way to teach it.