Laya Should we stay on Laya Control 600 Connect.

Based on a recommendation from snowyb, we have been on this policy for two years now. Laya Control 600 connect.

Our renewal comes up at the end of the month. I was wondering if this is still a good recommendation or if anything new/better at a similar price has come along in the past two years.

The policy this year, offering the same benefits as last year has increased in price by about €30.

Both myself and my wife have the same policy but separate policies. We each received a refund of 3 x €65 from Laya last year. Not sure if this was a great refund or not and wondering if the same is going to happen this year.

Hi almostthere

Got my renewal notice today.

Same price as last year.
No change in cover that I can see.

I went on to HIA to compare it with other plans, but I would have had to know the names of the other plans to compare it with?

Did you find anything better for the same price?

Brendan

The refund you got earlier this year was to do with the temporary takeover of the private hospitals by HSE for the covid crisis.

Hi almostthere

Got my renewal notice today.

Same price as last year.
No change in cover that I can see.

I went on to HIA to compare it with other plans, but I would have had to know the names of the other plans to compare it with?

Did you find anything better for the same price?

Brendan

Hi Brendan,
Sorry to jump in on your response to AlmostThere. I also have a renewal in Laya Control 600 Connect coming up at year-end and indeed it has gone up in price from Eur955 to Eur984. Nonetheless it does appear to be an attractive plan for the reasons outline by Snowy and yourself earlier in this thread. I had a look at the HIA site for alternatives (not easy!) and the best I could find were Laya's Control 450 Connect and Total 600 Connect plans (both priced around Eur1030).
There's also a similar enough plan from Irish Life Health, called Select Plus, which costs around Eur1,100 and provides access to one Hi-Tech hospital, namely the Beacon. Blackrock Clinic and Mater Private are not covered.Excesses appear lower than the Laya 600 plans.
Thanks
Heasdub

Back