Self-Build - Homebuilder.

Hi selfbuildkk,

That sounds very good working out about E60 per sq ft or maybe my calculations are wrong. Were they building contractors or was direct labour?

Angela59

direct labour all the way,like i said none of them are tradespeople,no friendly favours im sure there was a lot of haggling with materials etc. but doesnt everyone?since the last post ive spoken to more people suggesting that between 140,000 to 160,000 is about right for builders finish on a house of that size.(2200-2600).the investigation continues.luckily im in no real hurry to build so time is on my side.

Hi

sorry to hijack the post, but I am planning to start building soon, and have received a competitive quote from homebuilder. Is there anybody else who has experience of them (good or bad)? Is the standard of finish up to scratch? Are they ok with small changes during the course of construction ?

Hi Tipperary,

I realise your looking for feedback from other people - but just to let you know we have made small changes during our build with no problems as long as you can give as must notice of the changes as possible.

We are presently using Homebuilder to project manage and build our house and we are very happy with their work. They are professional, organised and use good tradespeople. Their work is good quality. They are flexible and allow changes. Costs wise we found them middle of the road. We could have built cheaper by going direct labour but we had no project management experience, and needed someone to look after this for us.We have genuinely no connections with this Company but would recommend them. We went to see a house they had completed and met the owners who also recommended them highly before we made our decision.
Hope this helps.

Back