SDCC - property path update

The only thing is once you move into the apartments the residents can get together and look for a new management company, this happened to a friend of mine their management fee went up by nearly 1K one year so the got the residents together and organised a new management company.

i was thinking what are the management company going to do if you can not get an answer from the builders

i was really excited about the apartment and now this all has put a downer on it, its like they just want the money out of you and that is it, i told the solicitors today that i could not sign on friday so we shall see what happens

ps why are there only leather and beige couches, not making the whole thing inspiring are they ???

Citywest Plaza Affordable Housing Scheme

Hi All

Im in the process of buying a 2bed apt in Citywest Plaza and im not sure if im making the right decision. the managment fees are €1800 which i think are alot for a building that doesnt need much maintaining and not to the value of €150 a month! Does anyone know much about these apts and if their worth what the council say €285,000???

Hi Shannon01
I am in exactly the same position as you. I am also buying in citywest plaza and feel I am being ripped off. I am hoping the valuer the bank send out will give a correct valuation as there is no way they are worth €280,000, so the clawback needs to be reduced.
The management fees are too expensive as well. They make the property less affordable and that is the whole idea.
The thing is to get on to your solictor about these issues. Ask for a comprehensive breakdown on the management fee. This is what I intend to do.

The only thing is once you move into the apartments the residents can get together an

Hi actionmags
I haven't spoken to the Solicitor since Friday as I am still waiting on answers. I only received my contract yesterday and there is no way I am ready to sign. Has anyone contacted you about a snag yet and did Lorraine ever get back to you?

ps...unless you are willing to pay a fortune the choice of furniture is limited. I have only bought a bed but I got it online for €350 and it was €1200 cheaper than a very similar on I saw in Dublin.

with the contracts i got a breakdown of management fees but to me its all dutch with a lot of figures at the end of it

i thought that the solicitor would be able to go throught it ???

I AM ALSO ANNOYED BECAUSE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE A BUYERS MARKET BUT OH NO NOT WITH BLEEDING CITY WEST PLAZA

hey there
can I ask if anyone buying in Broadfield Hall has had any movement on the sale?
My solicitors have said that they have still not heard anything back from the council's solicitors and as such we are now at a standstill.
Any info would be great!

I am in Broadfeild hall .the bank should send it too you and your solicitor.
I think Broadfeild hall is in a great location we have every thing around us and apartments are really good finish

Ok. Thanks Andy.

Yeah, Im really happy with the location too and the apartments are great.

Hi deedav

My solicitor sent the council my loan offer yesterday 17th September and sent them an email. Haven't heard anything back.

Still waiting to get called for my second snag so it may be a bit to soon to hear back from Solicitors yet.

My first snag was on 22nd August...so nearly a month ago now.

Sorry, they didnt' send the actual loan offer, just a copy of it by fax.

Yvie, why would the solicitor send a copy of the actual loan offer to sdcc, are they privy to that info? They have a copy of my loan approval in principle from me when I was offered the apt. Did sdcc write to your solicitor looking for it?

Oh and i did my snag on the 4th Sept. and i havent heard anything yet! not too much in a rush once i know i have it now tho...

Yvie, why would the solicitor send a copy of the actual loan offer to sdcc, are they privy to that info? They have a copy of my loan approval in principle from me when I was offered the apt. Did sdcc write to your solicitor looking for it?

Ruthie

SDCC asked for a copy of my loan offer when I was on the phone to them...my solicitor sent it to get things moving.

ok cool i was just wondering why they want a copy of the loan offer. as with private conveyance's the other side will not ask for a copy of it.

Ruthie

I don't know really. I just know that when I was talking to SDCC and told them I would be getting the loan offer, they said to fax in a copy to them. I didn't question it, just did it.

I suppose the council are different in some ways to private conveyance..However you are right to question things.

Hey all, just a quick update. I was in the block this morning, measuring up and got quotes for wooden flooring and blinds, if anyone wants the numbers of the people im using feel free to PM me and ill pass them on. Apparently all the 2 beds are now sold and they were showing the 1 beds today, they have only a few left.

Thanks Yvi and Ruthie81 for your answers. just gettin a bit worried as nothing seems to be happening or moving forward but then I'm probably worring over nothing!

Ruthie81 how did you manage to get in again did the council let you know or did you just take a chance and go up? I had measured the last time I was there for the snag but not to sure if I measured correctly in my excitement.

As for my snag - I am still waiting to get my hands on a copy of it to hand over - apparently there is not much on it but there seems to have been problems with emails coming through to me so now I am waiting for it by post - hopefully it will be here monday. Do you give this to property path?

Hi deedav i was doing my snag list on friday and was told by gril from pp that should be able too move in by late Dec or could be Jan 09

great thanks for that andy - I had been told early december so it looks like it might be a bit longer - they told me I should defo be in by christmas but I didnt really believe them - it would be great though if we were I'd love to have this christmas in my own place!!

Oh i dont mind how long it take now i guess, the longer the better for me i might have myself sorted out better financially... and think of the new year sales for furniture etc.