Ryan Tubriddy Late Late presenter: very strong FF family connections, is he biased?

Re: Ryan Tubriddy Late Late presenter: very strong FF family connections, is he biase

It will certainly get people back into the pubs again on a Friday night. I reckon the vintners association lobbied the governemnet and R.T.E. to give him the job. :)
Give him a break .......... he can't be as bad as the Scion of Dalkey :D But I think you could listen to Ryan's banter in a pub, more so than the latter. So I think the LVA might be OK ...... for the mo.

Re: Ryan Tubriddy Late Late presenter: very strong FF family connections, is he biase

He's not the worst, though at times he can come across as very smug. The 1 thing I absolutely hated was when he toured the audience and slagged off their dress sense, who they were with etc.

While I had a bit of a meas on Miriam, I think Ryan will do grand as long as he doesnt take himself too seriously (are you listening Gaybo, beacon of broadcasting in the dim land of Eireann.........)

Bring back Gaybo all is forgiven....... his naff jumpers on the toy shows were a laugh... and he'd have my vote purely on that. :D

A very needed post there if I do say so myself.

He's not the worst, though at times he can come across as very smug...
He's all bleedin' shiny teeth and pressed hair, the RTE equivalent of Richard Hammond but without the Hamsters redeeming feature of having Clarkson and Captain Slow to act as foils to his perfection.

Heard Tubbers saying that the show is going to be more of a talk show - more like Parkey, less Ross, so there won't be too much politics/current affairs (which is a shame IMO), so it probably doesn't matter about his FF affiliations.

That will cause a lot of friction but it would attract me to watch it. Prefer a more light hearted show.

[While many O'Callaghan fans were hoping to see her succeed [broken link removed], someone closer to home had other ideas.
"As my mother says, she thinks it's worked out for the best. She's been saying novenas that I would never be offered it, so she's very happy," joked O'Callaghan.] The Indo
The above I heard on 106 at 8am today. The Lord works in mysterious ways (his beauty to behold)! Just hope that someone can work the oracle over Ryan's strange comraderie. His smile looks contrived IMO. A bit like :rolleyes:!

His first cousin in FF Minister for Children and youth affairs Barry Andrews.

Ryan Tubridy has been presenting a light entertainment TV show for years.
He is now is moving from one light entertainment TV show to another.

Its not exactly a secret that his grandfather, two uncles and two cousins are or have been public representatives for Fianna Fail.

So what.

I agree. It would be a different matter if he was presenting Prime Time or Questions and Answers or was the political commentator on the Nine O clock news. The Late Late Show is no more political than Tubridy Tonight so there isn't really a problem.

Regardless, he's a sweetie.

I agree. It would be a different matter if he was presenting Prime Time or Questions and Answers or was the political commentator on the Nine O clock news. The Late Late Show is no more political than Tubridy Tonight so there isn't really a problem.
The Late late won the last election for FF with its pre election panel of the three stooges of Waters, Harris and Dunphy. Harris got his reward in the Senate.

It still wouldn't be an issue. It would only matter if the presenter of a current affairs program decided to run for a party. It seems like a petty repsonse to ask is there bias just because Lee is getting a bit of flak.

Don't agree. A relative of mine used to be a reporter on RTE and, when another relative was running in a high profile election, he was immediately removed from all coverage of that election.

Didn't Miriam O'Callaghan's brother run for Fianna Fail in the last election? Given that she was the person responsible for presenting RTE's main current affairs programme at the time and chairing the debate between Bertie and Enda, I think FF have a bit of a nerve getting so hot under the collar about George Lee.

I believe her brother is a running mate of Gareth Tubridy.

I read somewhere that Ryan Tubridy will back away from 'serious' issues on the Late Late, and just stick to entertainment, so it probably won't matter where his political loyalties lie.

I believe her brother is a running mate of Gareth Tubridy.

Jim O'Callaghan has been a candidate for FF before now. Mary Harney's sister is still employed by RTE. Pat Cox used to present Today Tonight before running for the PDs. Sean Duignan was an RTE News anchor before becoming Albert Reynold's Government Press Secretary.

I'm sure all journalists have a political opinion that they express on the ballot paper. This shouldn't debar them from covering politics. Unless, of course, an accusation of political bias can be substantiated.

I read somewhere that Ryan Tubridy will back away from 'serious' issues on the Late Late, and just stick to entertainment, so it probably won't matter where his political loyalties lie.
What's the chances that he might 'change his mind' and do a nice soft interview with Cowen or one of the others at strategic times?

Back