Revisionism gone crazy

We need to be completely culturally reprogrammed.

Try replacing "white" for "black" in these references that I picked up from the Oxford dictionary

Blackmail
Blackguard
Blacken somebody's name
Black mood
Black humour
Blackest day of the war
Black look
Black Wednesday
Black Monday
The colour of mourning

Try replacing "white" for "black" in these references that I picked up from the Oxford dictionary

Blackmail
Blackguard
Blacken somebody's name
Black mood
Black humour
Blackest day of the war
Black look
Black Wednesday
Black Monday
The colour of mourning
And then there's:

Black belt (highest level in martial arts)
Black label (whiskey)
Black Magic (nice chocolates)
Black Tie (posh dress standard)
Black Preceptory (highest Loyalist institution)
little Black dress (very popular, I'm told)
Black ball (highest scoring ball in snooker)
Black is a premium colour for really high-end luxury cars.

As distinct from:

White (with fear, sickness, or distress)
Lily-livered (cowardly)

Who says racism is embedded in language? It's not, ahem, a black and white issue.

And then there's:

Black belt (highest level in martial arts)
Black label (whiskey)
Black Magic (nice chocolates)
Black Tie (posh dress standard)
Black Preceptory (highest Loyalist institution)
little Black dress (very popular, I'm told)
Black ball (highest scoring ball in snooker)
Black is a premium colour for really high-end luxury cars.

As distinct from:

White (with fear, sickness, or distress)
Lily-livered (cowardly)

Who says racism is embedded in language? It's not, ahem, a black and white issue.
I particularly like the black ball in snooker. Though the white ball has probably the superior role.

But is this actually revisionism you are doing here, those words with "black" in them developed naturally over centuries and millennia long before there was any racism , for example you could say it was a "black night" because it was so dark , that's nothing to do with race , it's a description of the night. The word black does not belong to a race it is a generic word, you are looking for racism where none exists.

But is this actually revisionism you are doing here, those words with "black" in them developed naturally over centuries and millennia long before there was any racism , for example you could say it was a "black night" because it was so dark , that's nothing to do with race , it's a description of the night. The word black does not belong to a race it is a generic word, you are looking for racism where none exists.
For avoidance of doubt my posts in this topic are entirely tongue in cheek.

You are both going to get a visit from Black Life Matters. I would suggest contacting some of British Heroes who protected the monuments for protection.....

You are both going to get a visit from Black Life Matters. I would suggest contacting some of British Heroes who protected the monuments for protection.....
That guy was taking to pee or was that a pee?

I was driving around locally today and I noticed names like Torquay Road, Brighton Road and Westminster Road and suddenly I was painfully reminded of our erstwhile imperialist oppressors:mad:

Don't get me started on the housing estate built in Midleton during the boom and named the Cotswalds !!

Blackmail
Blackguard
Blacken somebody's name
Black mood
Black humour
Blackest day of the war
Black look
Black Wednesday
Black Monday
The colour of mourning
I suppose you are the black sheep of your family?

It was essentially a mob pulling down a statue they didn't agree with. No debate, no democratic process entered into, 'our way or the highway'.
A new ideology has taken hold and is only going to get more extreme in the years ahead
I like your comment but it's depressing because it's true.

Back