Resin bound driveways

Sunshine39

Hi all, we were planning to cobblelock our driveway but I’ve come across resin bound driveways (only via online pics mind you) and I’m quite impressed. I’d be interested if anyone has a view, experience or recommendations. We live in Kildare. Many thanks!

I love the look of resin but obviously all the pics show it lovely and new and clean. I have only seen it up close in real life in parts of a new Lidl carpark where I live, it looks lovely but there are no plants or anything around to make it dirty with leaves etc. The only thing that has ruined it there is people obviously dropping chewing gum on it, the dirty heathens :mad:

depends we have resin paths here and they have cracked in places not sure why but looks bad

I asked one or two contractors about it in the past and they said it is much more expensive than the other options for driveways.

I asked one or two contractors about it in the past and they said it is much more expensive than the other options for driveways.
How much more % wise?
5 times the cost would put me off.. but if it was 20% more, I would consider.. Its a nice finish.

How much more % wise?
5 times the cost would put me off.. but if it was 20% more, I would consider.. Its a nice finish.

I did not bother questioning the prices because one of them told me that he did not do it at all because it was way too expensive.

I posted this on anotherAAM thread and it might give some advice also:

'There's a previous thread on AAM here but does not give much advice. Suppose its all down to contractor and products used but I did see one recently which had not worn well at all. On the sections where there was not much wear and tear it still looked alright but the sections where the cars had driven over it did not look good at all.

This website has been around a long time and is usually good although I see they have had an overhaul recently. This section might help. '

Back