Recording without consenting

My view on this is let it go - it's not doing you any good to remain focused on this.

He's likely to move onto some other poor soul if you let it go.

Engaging with him is likely to escalate this, provoke him to do more, or ensure he continues to fixate on this rather than move on.

The officer said that recording someone else is not a crime. That he is recorded on the street constantly and cannot stop it. At that time, I asked him if he was kidding.
You really know how to get people on your side. That is all.

My view on this is let it go - it's not doing you any good to remain focused on this.
Has been advised to do this by a few posters, including myself, but doesn't want to hear it.
He posted same but I think has since edited it.

I will be her witness in February during the hearing court.
He is testifying against the alleged 'recorder' next year ( on a different matter) and just on that basis alone, I strongly
suspect there is a lot more to this whole scenario than we are being told.

Do you have anything on him? I’d try to find something
This sort of advice, which incidently was 'liked' by the OP, is, in my opinion, neither constructive nor beneficial to either party and
I would hope is also something most civil minded people would not condone.

OP you have made a statement to the Gardai. Do they not have to act up on it? Can they give you something in writing. We have a man up for assaulting his partner, who has been recording another female, who seems vulnerable (therapist) and people don't see a pattern here. If he thinks he can get away with things it may esculate. The OP did the right thing complaining to the Gardai, if it were only the recording without the assault case I too would have said let it go. Get it documented by the Gadai and forward that to the ex girlfriends solicitor.

Last edited:
This sort of advice, which incidently was 'liked' by the OP.

The whole post doesn't consist of the phrase "I'd try to find something" only, but you assumed that the like I gave was based exactly on that sentence, right?

He is testifying against the alleged 'recorder' next year ( on a different matter) and just on that basis alone, I strongly
suspect there is a lot more to this whole scenario than we are being told.

In this and in several other similar posts in this forum your sentence: "there is a lot more to this whole scenario than we are being told" is repeated over and over. I have the impression that you are more interested in the gossip of knowing the whole story than sticking to the facts.

The guy goes to court because he has a protective measure against him and I will be one of the witnesses. When the protective measure was served, he was still living with me. To me, it seems so obvious that he started recording things around here to find out if my wife and I will testify against him. He is using some very personal conversations to intimidate and harass us in some way that we would not testify. Probably if you were in my shoes he would have gotten what he wanted.

Record someone in their own house without their consent to harass and intimidate is a crime. Period.
What can be done? I don't think It is so hard to stick with that.

You also can move on and forget about this post as simple as that.

Last edited:
Back