Premier League 2019 season

odyssey06

The opening game Liverpool v Norwich is live on Sky One tonight - a teaser for the new season to try to get FTA viewers hooked :)

I just cancelled Sky Sports. Haven't watched it in months. No interest in soccer-ball.

Just when I thought the football torture was nearly over its starting in another code !!!!!!!!!!

Betfair betting on winning Premier League:
Man City 2/5 (71% chance for non punters)
Pool 7/2 (22% chance leaving only a 7% chance the winner will come from the other 18 teams)
Spurs 21/1 (4.5%)
ManU 37/1 (2.6%):oops:
Gunners 49/1 (2%)
500/1 bar (+3% margin to layers)
Maybe it will be an exciting 2 horse race but this betting looks a lot like the betting for the Scottish Premiership, also a 2 horse race. I know Leicester worked a miracle, but all the same can we really call this the most competitive league on the planet?

In the last 10 seasons EPL has had 4 different champions.
Spain 3.
Italy, Germany have had 2... Juventus and Bayern being especially dominant.
France also has had 4 different champions but PSG have won 7 of those.

This season looks like 2 horse race but over the years the horses are changing, more so than other major leagues.

It seems to be a general trend of concentration since the champions league came in.

I think Spurs are a good bet on exchanges. I dont think they will win it. But if they are in the mix after Christmas, which I think they will be, that 21/1 will tighten alot.

Would never have picked Chelsea. While they looked good v's Utd and Pool, Leicester are no mugs and Chelsea have no goalscorers

Is that just Chelsea v Leicester, or would you never pick Chelsea in general to win a home game?

Indeed. Didn't trust Man City to beat Tottenham. Im expecting Spurs to push closer this season. Liverpool away to Southampton after extra time Super Cup, look a bit sluggish in areas.
I dont trust Man U to beat Wolves this evening.
After that it was a call between Arsenal and Chelsea. I should have gone for Arsenal, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Back