Premier League 2019 season

odyssey06

Frequent Poster
The opening game Liverpool v Norwich is live on Sky One tonight - a teaser for the new season to try to get FTA viewers hooked :)

Purple

Frequent Poster
I just cancelled Sky Sports. Haven't watched it in months. No interest in soccer-ball.

Feemar5

Frequent Poster
Just when I thought the football torture was nearly over its starting in another code !!!!!!!!!!

Duke of Marmalade

Frequent Poster
Betfair betting on winning Premier League:
Man City 2/5 (71% chance for non punters)
Pool 7/2 (22% chance leaving only a 7% chance the winner will come from the other 18 teams)
Spurs 21/1 (4.5%)
ManU 37/1 (2.6%):oops:
Gunners 49/1 (2%)
500/1 bar (+3% margin to layers)
Maybe it will be an exciting 2 horse race but this betting looks a lot like the betting for the Scottish Premiership, also a 2 horse race. I know Leicester worked a miracle, but all the same can we really call this the most competitive league on the planet?

odyssey06

Frequent Poster
In the last 10 seasons EPL has had 4 different champions.
Spain 3.
Italy, Germany have had 2... Juventus and Bayern being especially dominant.
France also has had 4 different champions but PSG have won 7 of those.

This season looks like 2 horse race but over the years the horses are changing, more so than other major leagues.

It seems to be a general trend of concentration since the champions league came in.

WolfeTone

I think Spurs are a good bet on exchanges. I dont think they will win it. But if they are in the mix after Christmas, which I think they will be, that 21/1 will tighten alot.

Delboy

Frequent Poster
Would never have picked Chelsea. While they looked good v's Utd and Pool, Leicester are no mugs and Chelsea have no goalscorers

WolfeTone

Is that just Chelsea v Leicester, or would you never pick Chelsea in general to win a home game?

WolfeTone

Indeed. Didn't trust Man City to beat Tottenham. Im expecting Spurs to push closer this season. Liverpool away to Southampton after extra time Super Cup, look a bit sluggish in areas.
I dont trust Man U to beat Wolves this evening.
After that it was a call between Arsenal and Chelsea. I should have gone for Arsenal, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.