Pizza eating

eeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr sorry qwertyuiop didn't mean to offend you.

Would it help if I said I eat all my pizzas with tons of ketchup...

And I mean tons...

Now thats just crazy. How anyone can eat pizza with ketchup - yuk!!

Brown sauce all the way, and i mean tons!!

BTW, everyone that i've convinced to try it, have always continued to do so!!

None ........ if you get it everywhere except where intended

Does anyone know why some Italian restaurants in Ireland don't (or won't) serve pizza with pineapple as a topping?

Ya - that's a srange one alright.

like - the hawaiian is surely the old reliable when it comes to pizzas

Now that's just not fair. No trips to Italy for you so...
Pasta sauce is either tomato based or cream & cheese.
Pizzas out.

Soooo....Wine and crostini

Thanks Pique,
As long as it's white wine....am allergic to red wine too

I've been to Italy once, on a package trip which included dinner so I survived, but looking round I would have found it very difficult to eat out....unless there was a McD's nearby....and that's just not right, is it!!

like - the hawaiian is surely the old reliable when it comes to pizzas

It annoys the purists - pineapple on a pizza is about as inauthentic as you can get.

Imagine e.g. some Finnish guy saying that they love to make Irish stew - but with added fennell or something.

It annoys the purists - pineapple on a pizza is about as inauthentic as you can get.

Imagine e.g. some Finnish guy saying that they love to make Irish stew - but with added fennell or something.

There are more varieties of Pizzas now than there were 10 years ago.

Irish stew is set in stone.

Personally I like pineapple on pizza (and red sauce lots and lots of red sauce).

Steve how can you ruin a pizza with brown sauce its not right.

Having said that I'm going to give it a try 1 day.

Maybe I might even try some in a cuppa.

Pizza with ketchup or brown sauce? What's the point?

If I could eat pizza I certainly wouldn't contaminate it with ketchup or the likes....yes I am a coeliac and not at all bitter.

I need to let off some steam here.

People that eat their pizza with a knife and fork as opposed to picking up the slices in their hands annoy me.

How much does it annoy you ? Are you incandescent with rage or slightly irritated ? Whats it like for you in a pizza restaurant surrounded by people indulging in this behaviour,do you have to bury your face in your pizza to block out the horror. Why do you think they leave knives and forks on the tables,aiding and abetting this behaviour ?
Other than this foible would you say you are an easy going kind of person ?

you can get crappy gluten free pizza bases in tesco

Yes, you're right. Not the same though! Imagine the texture and thickness of a digestive biscuit combined with the flavour of a sweet piece of cardboard.

Pizza with ketchup or brown sauce? What's the point?

If I could eat pizza I certainly wouldn't contaminate it with ketchup or the likes....yes I am a coeliac and not at all bitter.
Hey Vanilla! I recently bought a couple of Gluten Free bases for a coeliac cousin of mine. I'll check where I bought them tomorrow and let you know.

There are more varieties of Pizzas now than there were 10 years ago.

But that's the point - there shouldn't be. Apparently you can't just chuck anything on to a pizza - and certainly not pineapple.

Irish stew is set in stone.

So I guess you know how the Italians feel then.

But that's the point - there shouldn't be. Apparently you can't just chuck anything on to a pizza - and certainly not pineapple.

Set in stone? Anything like this I wonder ..........

Italians freak at the thoughts of putting pineapple on a pizza. As they do with chicken. They also freak when you put cream in a carbonara. Having a cappuccino anytime after breakfast also gets a few sighs of disapproval. They are a bit more anal about food than we are!

They also freak when you put cream in a carbonara.

I thought that cream was one of the basic ingredients along with eggs bacon and mushrooms?!

Can't see how they could successfully make carbonara otherwise - what do they use then?

I thought that cream was one of the basic ingredients along with eggs bacon and mushrooms?!

Can't see how they could successfully make carbonara otherwise - what do they use then?

None of the Carbonara's I got in Italy had cream. Egg only.

Not in Italy. Eggs, cheese and olive oil or butter and bacon. Sorry but no mushrooms either!!