Pharmacy Screwing Us During Covid-19

But charging twice for the same tea bag and tea pot isn't right. Especially to the tea consisures we irish are.

Any tea connoisseur should be horrified at the very thought of re-using a tea-bag!

It reminds me of a time I was in the offices of a large firm of solicitors on the Canal on Dublin's South Side. There were beautiful plants and works of art and plush sofas and great coffee. All I could think of was "Wow, I'm paying for all of this and what I really want is legal advice." It turned out that their legal advice was rubbish and a few hours on the internet left me better informed than their €4,000 "worth" of opinion. I told them that I could have got advice from a student by buying someone a pint in the Trinity bar.

So, by all means take your custom elsewhere but do have the courtesy to let the business you are leaving know why they are losing your custom.

I recall many years ago someone saying if you see a company installing a fountain then be careful as they've lost the run of themselves. I drove into the RBS headquarters carpark in Edinburgh one day and there was a big fountain in front which was proof enough for me.

We were in Spain for February/earlyMarch. We forgot to pack Barrys Tea for our trip. Boy! Did we miss it? I never thought I'd say that. I could qualify for the next television ad for Barrys Tea.
More of a Lyons man myself but tea is tea really, isn't it?

Any tea connoisseur should be horrified at the very thought of re-using a tea-bag!
Marion Keyes tweeted about a supermarket delivery where substitutions were made. One was tea which imo was unforgiveable.

If you can't supply the requested tea be it Barry's or Lyons, supply nothing.

We were in Spain for February/earlyMarch. We forgot to pack Barrys Tea for our trip. Boy! Did we miss it? I never thought I'd say that. I could qualify for the next television ad for Barrys Tea.

Same here when in France on hols a few years ago. I really missed it. It's amazingly cheap really when you think of the happiness it brings from less than 5c a cup!

More off topic . . . . . I think the Barrys Tea television ads are brilliant. They really bring home the message. I make allowances for everything else, but whatever it is about Barrys, the others don't come near. (If I put that to music, it'd be a good jingle for an ad).

Will post a new post about Irish adverts.

Its not the good ones like "you can put a bit of butter on the spuds Andre" or "whose taking the horse to France"

But I have a lot to say about a certain bus eireann advert and denny rashers one.

Think Neeeve in the VHI ad who just signs at the bottom that because she is worried about her beebees and the useless hezbind.

I need to vent.

Last edited:
Back