Online versus paper - sanity check

giddyup

Hey all,

I did an online app in April. Everything seemed to process normally, and our expectation was that it would take ~ 1 year for a response / confirmation on class. I mentioned the program to some friends in similar situations. For various reasons they both did paper applications, which were submitted a few months after we did the online app and they both had a response after ~ 4 weeks to confirm class 2 approval.

Did I do something wrong with the online application? Was I supposed to do paper? Just checking for other experiences recently and my next step is a phone-call to HRMC.

Thanks

Quick update. Called them this morning. They said the app was "dealt with" 3 weeks after it was received (May '24). He said he could see no record of a letter being sent (I think that's what he meant) and he would have to refer to a case worker to look at it again. Feels like we are back to the back of the line. I asked him how we would be able to tell what happens next if we can't rely on a letter being generated. He suggested call back in 4 weeks. Frustrating!

Can anyone give a steer on how long they generally take to deal with follow-up queries?

I had an application in that they rejected and asked for some further information (my PRSI record here). I replied by post 6 weeks ago, but no acknowledgment or response yet.

I don't want to be hassling them unduly, so looking for opinions on what is a reasonable amount of time to wait for.

Do you know when applying cf83 form online, is there a way to attach a file to the online application like for example prsi contributions record?

Yes, but now I think it's somehow not recorded because the letter I received asked to complete cf83 form while also saying I qualified for voluntary contributions and already had 5 years credited. It also showed a schedule of payments all at class 3 I could make from 2007 to 2023 However other posters have said that payments at class 2 or class 3 depend on your prsi record after leaving UK. So it looks like maybe my prsi record wasn't recorded or accounted for? But I'm not sure either

The system defaults to class 3.

I'm a bit confused by your post.

Have I got this right

1. You completed CF83 online.
2. You got a letter asking for documents (PRSI payments)

Have you sent the requested info back?

Back