Online versus paper - sanity check

giddyup

Hey all,

I did an online app in April. Everything seemed to process normally, and our expectation was that it would take ~ 1 year for a response / confirmation on class. I mentioned the program to some friends in similar situations. For various reasons they both did paper applications, which were submitted a few months after we did the online app and they both had a response after ~ 4 weeks to confirm class 2 approval.

Did I do something wrong with the online application? Was I supposed to do paper? Just checking for other experiences recently and my next step is a phone-call to HRMC.

Thanks

Quick update. Called them this morning. They said the app was "dealt with" 3 weeks after it was received (May '24). He said he could see no record of a letter being sent (I think that's what he meant) and he would have to refer to a case worker to look at it again. Feels like we are back to the back of the line. I asked him how we would be able to tell what happens next if we can't rely on a letter being generated. He suggested call back in 4 weeks. Frustrating!

Can anyone give a steer on how long they generally take to deal with follow-up queries?

I had an application in that they rejected and asked for some further information (my PRSI record here). I replied by post 6 weeks ago, but no acknowledgment or response yet.

I don't want to be hassling them unduly, so looking for opinions on what is a reasonable amount of time to wait for.

Back