Non-contributory pension worth applying for?

she is almost certainly entitled to a medical card:

she is probably entitled to winter fuel allowance as well (which is tied to the non-contributory pension, which from the sounds of things she is also entitled too, but maybe not at full-rate).

I'd imagine she's might have better chance of survivor's pension based on her husbands prsi record rather than a means test non contributory when she already has pension of 1200 pm. Anyway I would think cit info would advise what to apply for.

OP Please update if you get anywhere with this, it would interesting to know, best of luck :)

I'd imagine she's might have better chance of survivor's pension based on her husbands prsi record rather than a means test non contributory when she already has pension of 1200 pm. Anyway I would think cit info would advise what to apply for.

OP Please update if you get anywhere with this, it would interesting to know, best of luck :)
I will and thanks for all the help! Have the forms sent in.

You dont need 10 years stamps for an English Pension. My husband worked there for 7 weeks and gets 400 Euro per Year and I get 250 Euro approx per year. Not a big amount but if your mother has 3 years she would get a bit more and every little helps. The income limit for over 70s Medical Card is 550 euro per week.

Widows Pension (Contributory) may be payable at a reduced rate or pro-rata depending on level of Irish contributions that her late husband made. This can be paid alongside any UK pension payable.

All pension income is assessed 100% for State Pension (Non Contributory), so 1200 euro per month from husband's pension would likely put them over the threshold. However, if any doubt, submit claim.

If there are Irish contributions made by the late husband, then no harm in submitting both applications (WPC and SPNC), they will pay whichever is more advantageous.

Back