Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

That's awful - I'd like his email address too. I did see bord gais up there last week too...did anyone look at the builders website? I just saw this today - It says the completion date for newbury woods is october. Shame we weren't told that in May!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm moving into number 58. I've a 6yr old girl. Just wondering if anyone had any news on the ESB situation, finding it a bit difficult to get any up date!

Well I saw them there late last week and at the weekdn but couldn't get tom today so I dunno...read the previous email from someone who said that esb aren't 'working' and you might be a bit clearer...I know I'm not!!! This waiting is killing me...

OK latest news from Tom is ESB did the metering over the weekend ( he even said hooray)and now being wired up and commisioned to finish this week. Then all mechanical and elec snagging to be done next week. Then he says we get a letter inviting us to visit and complete in 2 wks !!!!!!

Dare we believe it ?!!

Hi guys,
I probably got the same email like determined got, well with same info.
Tom confirmed that although they (ESB) didn't do their work last week, they did complete all the metering over the weekend
He said the commision will be done this week and DCC will come next week to do the mech and elec. snagging and after that we go and re-snag our houses. He also said, if all goes well and the solicitors agree with the dates, the earliest we can close the sale is then September 26th *yeay* So I am aiming for this 26th now and as my snagging list was very small I am hopeful (for now)

Last edited:
Hi Determined - i tried ringing that guy re blinds but he never got back to me, i have to meet another guy today @ the house to get an estimate, would it be possible to get the estimate you got so i can compare them,

Anyone else any news?
cant bloody wait till were in....

hi shellym

i'm your next door neighbour i'm in no 59 myself and fiance
we have 2 girls and a boy between us

girls are 8 & 9 boy is 4

my little girl will be there all the time and my fiances most days looking forward to meeting ye !

bottom feeder i rang that fella aswell last week and he never rang back either let me know how you get on with the man your meeting today i'm going to try ring the other one today and see can i get him

Hi J59!

Can't wait to move in now and meet everyone! I ordered my blinds from Artane Blinds, the number is 848 4906. I found them quite good.

hi guys, just the heads up on how i got on with estimate for blinds,
roller blinds for whole house & vertical blinds for back doors came to 650,
anyone else get better or similar estimate

Quote I got for blinds was 900
This was front of house wooden horizontal slats (even tiny downstairs loo window)
Back of house cream slats on all windows except french doors

I want roman blinds on the french doors but too expensive, thinking I might try my hand at making them later.

Bad form he hasn't answered the phone to ye guys. He rang me the other day, impatient to get the blinds up. I told him I wasn't in yet, he'd have to wait. Asked him had he received any other calls but he seemed surprised. Perhaps might be best to ring Hillarys Blinds main no : 1800 818 148 and request a call back form Paul O'Meara.

I am getting very excited. Great that there's so many kids about too. I purposely chose down the end in the cul de sac as I lived on a road in UK once, which was a cul de sac and the kids were so safe and out playing all the time.

Thanks Determined! I was quoted €860 for roller blinds for the whole house including the french doors. Sorry i went for them now cause by the sounds of it i could have done a bit better

Can i just ask a question is Tom letting people into the house so that they can measure for blinds???

Nevernever I had a guy come out and measure for blinds when I was doing my snag. However I contacted Tom the other day about getting in again to measure for more things. He said it was no problem to simply go up and ask for Mick Boyle the site manager.

Thats great Determined thanks for that! Im going away on holidays this w/e so will wait until i come back and hopefully by then we will have a closing date and I can measure up..................

i just spoke to tom this morning he said esb is connected aswell as gas just one or two wire things to be done with the gas he said and that he should be sending out letters on wed to give two weeks notice to draw down money and do the de snag in the house so all in all he said last week in sep first week in august

I am aiming for last week of september as well, 26th ideally as tom had quoted before. hoping it's not going to be later than that but my snag list was tiny so technically everything should have been sorted out properly since the last snag in july. fingers crossed!
guys, what blinds are you getting for over € 800? and what company with?
i find that quite a lot of money but didn't shop around to know for sure. i was thinking of getting normal blackout roller blinds and without labour i dont think they cost more than €400 for the whole house? OR do you mean curtains? just wondering and only going to shop around to get some ideas....what is everyone getting floor-wise? tiles? carpet? wood? and anyone any quotes on that one?

i started packing my kitchen stuff (as i have lots of it!) but didn't even begin to think of the other rooms. what about yourselves? anyone packed up and ready to go?

cant wait to see my house next week, if tom lets us do the re-snag next week