New Ireland manager.

At least they battled, it was always an uphill struggle against Greece away but if they can cut out the concentration type mistakes then we should have decent results versus similar ranked teams.

At least they battled, it was always an uphill struggle against Greece away but if they can cut out the concentration type mistakes then we should have decent results versus similar ranked teams.
Exactly that. It was a much better performance and we have to acknowledge the extent of the rebuilding required.

As an aside, it was nice to see the minute’s silence observed respectfully by the visiting Irish fans.

Exactly that. It was a much better performance and we have to acknowledge the extent of the rebuilding required.

As an aside, it was nice to see the minute’s silence observed respectfully by the visiting Irish fans.
I had my doubts about the manager but he seems a solid choice, no spoofing from him ... I think he will get as much out of the players as they have to give...

The issue now is how much they have to give, we have a set of limited players, and the players we have with talent lacking game time (e.g. Ferguson).

"Christmas in November again for us. We’re giving too many gifts to the opponent. But I like to take the positives from this and I think we showed ourselves. Hopefully the people saw that as well, what we can actually do, how we can play if we are on the front foot, positive with belief in what we are doing, et cetera, so happy with that positive to take from that."

https://www.thejournal.ie/heimir-hallgrimsson-ireland-greece-2-6514810-Oct2024/

Last edited:
Back