New Ireland manager.

The FAI handled several situations badly over the past. Let’s give the new manager some respect.

I can't remember who the manager was, but I remember the (sadly RIP at a young age) Dalian Atkinson telling a story that when he was playing in Turkey, the manager had a personal theory about teeth and gum health, that they had physios and coaches training the player's bodies, but some of the players would not be 100% as they had dental issues. So a new signing would be shipped off to the dentist for an NCT and repair!

Turkey is a good place for that kind of work I hear :)

Well, HH was apparently well known for exploiting the granny rule. To that end, I tried to help by looking up the Wickepedia page of one Cavan Sullivan. Youngest debutante of MLS , a couple of months shy of 15th birthday. Supposed to move to Man City when 18....so an easy commute to Dublin. Grandfather Larry, Father Brendan, brothers Quinn, Declan, Ronan. Sadly it looks like the Irish heritage is strong but the documentation link is too far back....One to look out for, maybe and best of look to him. ☘️

Well, HH was apparently well known for exploiting the granny rule. To that end, I tried to help by looking up the Wickepedia page of one Cavan Sullivan. Youngest debutante of MLS , a couple of months shy of 15th birthday. Supposed to move to Man City when 18....so an easy commute to Dublin. Grandfather Larry, Father Brendan, brothers Quinn, Declan, Ronan. Sadly it looks like the Irish heritage is strong but the documentation link is too far back....One to look out for, maybe and best of look to him. ☘️
That's a shame. He's as Irish an Tony Cascarino.

I think our current predicament has its “genesis” in the near 20 year stewardship of John Delaney.

Instead of initiatives based on building the game at grassroots level to hopefully build a supply of players for future years, his priority was to pursue headline managerial appointments, bring his girlfriend to international events and have his staff organise a James Bond-themed 50th birthday party.

You reap what you sow.

We could do with a team of Cascarino 's.
There isn't one out there .....is there..
I don't see it! During Stephen Kenny's reign sections of the media and ex-players were urging him to go more direct... go more direct to who!
We didn't have a Stapleton, Quinn, Cascarino to hit with those balls, not even a Kevin Doyle, Jonathon Walters.
By the end of Martin O'Neill's reign he was relying on Daryl Murphy.
Some of the previous managers were so stuck for target men they were sending up centre back Shane Duffy.

So it is Ireland 2-0 down to England managed by Lee Carsley... Rice and Grealish score for England, had to be them really didn't it.
This could end up a hiding.

So it is Ireland 2-0 down to England managed by Lee Carsley... Rice and Grealish score for England, had to be them really didn't it.
This could end up a hiding.
The difference in class was so obvious...
Only for Kelleher it would have been a lot worse..

Back