Need survey if covered by Home Bond?

mainie

I am a FTB and buying a new house in an estate which is covered by a 10 year Home Bond Guarantee. Do I need to get a survey of the house if its covered by Home Bond?

Yes! Get a survey! Home bond covers very little, mainly just major structural faults. A surveyor should pick up on other stuff.

Thanks for the advice. When should we do this? At the same time as we're doing our snag? We're getting a member of the family to do the snag for us. Is a survey different? (sorry if this is a stupid question :eek: )

FTB also our solicitor recommended getting a professional surveyor to do the snag as will pick up much more than you will ever, as doing snags on a regular basis.
My house is also covered by homebond...but still getting a snag done by a surveyor

Turns out the survey is actually already done and I didn't even know :)

Snag is being done by us along with boyfriends brother who's in the trade and should be pretty good

I think you're confusing the bank's valuation survey with a snag/survey carried out by a qualified property surveyor/snagger. The valuation survey is just that - a valuation of the property for the bank's lending purposes, nothing more.

Make sure your boyfriend's brother has done one before and knows what he's at.

Back