Michael Owen to launch Own crypto coin

Brendan Burgess

Founder
https://www.independent.ie/business...-owen-to-launch-own-crypto-coin-36730055.html

Global Crypto Offering Exchange is attempting to capitalise on the intersection of avid fan bases - sport and cryptocurrencies - to grab investor dollars in the frenzied initial coin offering space.

The company has teamed up with ex-Liverpool and England football star Michael Owen to issue a cryptocurrency in his name - the Own coin.

Somehow I suspect that this will be more popular than the Marmalade Coin.

Brendan

"The tokens will be usable ... ...for personalised interactions with them"

I've been in touch with the exchange earlier in relation to issuing a Burgess coin. The coin can be used to buy a personalised interaction with @Brendan Burgess where he can tell you why the coin is worthless and why you shouldn't have bought it, and share strategies on how to short sell the coin to try make your money back. There will of course be a discount for early registration prior to launch. I only accept cold hard cash.

https://www.independent.ie/business...-owen-to-launch-own-crypto-coin-36730055.html

Global Crypto Offering Exchange is attempting to capitalise on the intersection of avid fan bases - sport and cryptocurrencies - to grab investor dollars in the frenzied initial coin offering space.

The company has teamed up with ex-Liverpool and England football star Michael Owen to issue a cryptocurrency in his name - the Own coin.

Somehow I suspect that this will be more popular than the Marmalade Coin.

Brendan
This represents a really serious threat to mainstream bitcoin. Mr Twitter projects a value of $5m per bitcoin, I think he must at least halve that projection in the face of this huge opposition. I am seriously thinking of withdrawing Marmalade Coin in the face of this competition. Sincere apologies to all current holders of Marmalade Coin.

Im a Liverpool FC fan, going back to the days of Daglish & Rush, even before then...was there a winger like Terry McDermott?
Of course it was all to change, the glory could not last forever despite the wreckage and tragedy of Hysel. But along came the frontier of Barnes, Beardsley and Aldrige, supported notably by Razor Hougton, to propel the Reds back to the top.
But there was a deficit inherent in that team, due to the ban after Hsyel, of the opportunity of European football.
Then came Hillsborough, 96 innocent lives lost and a city scarred. A football club, reeling from tragedy 3yrs earlier, now struck with another catastrophe, its heart was broken!
From the ashes of being the greatest club in Europe, Liverpool FC now had to reflect, to bow, and to succumb to reality of humbleness, modesty.
In great spades they did so. Despite the mediocrity of their first team to come, they still produced from their ranks some great players, Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman and of course...Michael Owen.

Personally, despite his fantastic goalscoring feats, I was never endeared to Michael Owen. He was a brilliant finisher, lightening fast and always a step ahead of his marker.
But, unlike Fowler, although not as fast, had all those attributes and more...inside, outside the box, headers, left foot, right foot, presence in the box, presence outside.
Best striker I had ever seen.
Then Owen came along...to cut a long story short, he was a sell-out. That is, to the highest bidder, he was sold. Unsurprisingly he engaged in the high bidding stakes of horse racing...and MUtd before that. A gambler, and with respect fair due, thats his perogative. But...
...but unsurprising, he turns up associated with a concept called 'OwnCoin'!!

Here is the interview;

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/03/23/cnbc-tech-check-evening-edition-march-23-2018.html

; my only conclusion is that it is a dress rehearsal for April Fools Day!

I am seriously thinking of withdrawing Marmalade Coin in the face of this competition. Sincere apologies to all current holders of Marmalade Coin.
I'm absolutely devastated. I was going to fly home for the launch. Wait? Current holders? Have yourself and Mr. B. pre-mined 30% for your own usage? You're taking after some of those dastardly ICO's and alt-coins.:p

Im a Liverpool FC fan ....

Hello,

I knew there was a reason that I liked you ;)

Speaking as a fellow Liverpool fan, I still laugh about the timing of Michael Owen's move to Spain and LFC subsequently winning the CL :D

I very much doubt that many LFC fans will invest in a Michael Owen coin tbh as few seem to like him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them taking the Mr. Burgess approach and looking to use spread betting, to bet against it.

As an aside, some of you might enjoy reading [broken link removed] (Pablo Escobar’s Brother Launches a New Cryptocurrency: Diet Bitcoin).

Last edited:
Hi Mr Earl

Thanks for that link. It's fascinating. It reads like something from The Onion.

I hadn't realised that anyone could fork off from Bitcoin?

Roberto Escobar hopes to offer an improved version of bitcoin by enhancing known features like speed and capacity. Diet Bitcoin, was made from a fork of the popular cryptocurrency and had a few tweaks from developers to add improvements to the currency. According to The Next Web, a project’s representative confirmed the involvement of the notorious drug lord’s brother.

Forking the Bitcoin network has become some sort of novelty. There is an app available that lets you fork the software and quickly create a new coin out of it. So it is straightforward for anyone to create their coins and speculate.

Roberto is also running an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) where he is offering a sale with a 96 percent discount for users to buy the token. The token can now be purchased at $2, a steep discount from the initial price of $50.

"In this literature piece, Escobar’s brother, Roberto reveals that, unlike many people believe, bitcoin was created by the CIA and not by a crypto-anarchist called Satoshi Nakamoto. Roberto goes on saying that bitcoin is nothing more than a CIA an inside job."

This is hilarious, he thinks the CIA created Bitcoin........Brendan, you might be better off shorting Diet Bitcoin, even at $2.....I might even join you myself!! :D:D:D

This is hilarious, he thinks the CIA created Bitcoin

Considering the blockchain contains a permanent list of all transactions, it could be very handy for the CIA in tracking down illegal transactions if/when they can match those making the trades ;)

Considering the blockchain contains a permanent list of all transactions, it could be very handy for the CIA in tracking down illegal transactions if/when they can match those making the trades ;)

My understanding is that the US authorities are constantly tracing back transactions to the source in tracking down criminals for various reasons. Satoshi would be livid with Roberto's claims that it was created by the CIA though! :D

I wouldn't write out CIA involvement in bitcoin.

One of my biggest doubts about bitcoin is the continuing anonymity of Satoshi.

The bitcoin paper is written in the plural e.g. " we propose a solution....", indicating that Satoshi is at a minimum two people, or even more, or perhaps someone representing an organization.
If there is more than one person involved, then by its very nature the prospects of continuing anonymity diminish in my opinion.
There are lots of crazy people in the world, some of them quite clever. The lack of crazies claiming to be Satoshi is actually quite odd, in my opinion.
Why the need for anonymity in the first place? Its not as if a crime has occurred?

I am half serious, half not serious with this post.

I asked an investment guy the other day what he thought of bitcoin. Thankfully he was of the same opinion as me but he added an interesting comment. With €200bn at stake, if there was a sudden crash, it might actually have a fairly serious macro economic effect. Imagine a €200bn retail bank going completely belly up.

So that and the above CIA remarks got me thinking. Is this all a state sponsored attempt to sabotage our financial system? Why is this Satoshi guy such a mystery? Surely if it was a real person or a real company it couldn't resist taking a bow. Only a state sponsored conspiracy (B/S you are rubbing off on me:rolleyes:) would remain anonymous.

Given various other suspect behaviours the finger starts to point in one direction - Putin's Russia:eek:.

Back