Lymewood Mews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All!

Haven't been able to post for a while but I'm delighted for Orlaith and muffin, its great that you have closed and have or are moving in. Unfortunately I'm still waiting but fingers crossed the last few items on my snag are finished this week.

Can I ask what sort of blinds you guys are buying? I'm putting up curtains which have worked out very expensive. There are a lot of windows and doors to cover in the sitting room, everytime I told someone the measurements they asked me was I sure!

Pam

I paid 900 euro for 6 windows (wooden venetian) and one set of doors (vertical blinds) from lucan blinds - ordered on weds, fitted on fri. brilliant range.

Wow! Thats seems like an excellent deal.
Does that include the full window area in the living room ?

Mac

Hi guys, I'm getting a quote for blinds in both bedrooms and the patio doors too on thurs morning from a company called BG Blinds. I'll let you know what kind of quote they give me to help you out

Hi new residents of Lymewood Mews - well almost residents anyway! A few queries and points..... I've bought in Block A and we were originally told when we put the deposit down in April 2004 that it would be ready in Sept/Oct 2005. Now we've been told Dec/Jan so our delay wasn't as frustrating as some of you guys. You've all been VERY patient!

Was just wondering if all of you are owner/occupiers? Was hoping a lot of the apartments weren't going to be rented out.

My boyfriend was talking to one of the foreman on the site a couple of weeks ago and he said that if you're above ground floor you're not allowed to put down wooden floors because of noise. I couldn't believe it and mentioned it to my solicitor who said this was correct. Are any of you putting down wooden floors? Don't want to have to put down Lino!!!

Also I only saw recently about the retail park. Was very disappointed. Will be a big eyesore I'd imagine and will bring a lot more traffic around the area.

Looks like there's no way of making excuses for not going to the gym anymore!!

Anyone hear anymore about shuttle buses for residents within the grounds dropping people to and from the Old Airport Road entrance morning/evenings?

The Metro plan will definitely be going ahead but as it's in the 10 year transport plan it won't be for a long time. At least it will add value to the apartments. I reckon I'll have sold up by then though.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

H

I think it's a great idea about not being able to have wooden floors above the ground floor. I have a two storey duplex and there is a one bedroom apartment directly over me which has wooden floors. I can hear the residents clicking around from 6am!

Is there not a special thick underlay that absorbs most of the sound? Carpet gets so filthy it's just not an alternative. Tile would be just as noisy as wood. What to do!

Hey,

I'm definately putting down wooden flooring (semi-solid) in my apartment and I'm on the 3rd floor. I've bought and paid for them already. I know there is a sound proof layer on the floors in my apartment. I've never been told that I can't and I know people have put down wooden floors already.

Pam

I think that most places don't allow solid wooden floors on anything but the ground level, but that restrction doesn't extend to semi-solid or laminate.

Delighted to hear that Pam! Any good flooring company you would recommend?

Thanks for that info about the floors ccovich. Would semi-solid/laminate not be as noisy as solid?

Not as far as I know. We are surrounded by neighbours with laminate/semi solid floors. We don't have an issue with sound, and none of our neighbours has complained about us. It might depend on females and high heels I guess (quite noisey) and the level of soundproofing in the development. As an aside, high heels ruined my parents floor at home during party for my sister (I think is was soft solid wood)

Hokey32 said:
The Metro plan will definitely be going ahead but as it's in the 10 year transport plan it won't be for a long time. At least it will add value to the apartments. H

I'm not so sure the Metro is in the 10 year plan. There may be a luas to Ballymun, and a heavy rail link to Dublin Airport.
And though I live in Northwood, I hope to God money isn't wasted on a mickymouse 3 car metro, with mini metro stations.
jd

I have bought in Block A and I know It is in the contract that you signed that you can't have wooden floors - your solicior should have pointed this out to you !

lads
it is in most contracts for apartments. The thing is there shouldn't be a problem. However, if someone complains about noise fron the boards, you will have to rip them up.

Am in the middle of getting an alarm installed in block C, was wondering does any one know can you but an alarm box on the outside of the apartment. Not sure I actually want to but it would be good to know.

Thanks,
S.

Is anyone having any problems getting the ESB changed over to your name? We rang ESB and they say Lymewood isn't on the grid yet?? We were able to change the gas over easily enough...

Muffin
we had a problem changing our ESB over also.
in fact we rang to do it and never got back to them.
About the wooden flooring, we have lamintaes down(ground floor).

Anyone else finding the traffic into town torturous in the mornings??
I actually cannot believe how bad it is!!
My boyfriend cycles and he's faster!!

Glad the luas to Ballymun is going ahead, that's only out the other gate!!

Hi Orlaith,

How long is it taking you to get into town in the mornings? Do you drive or get the bus? Do you know if anyone else has put wooden floors down in their above ground level apartment?

H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back