I've developed an Income Tax Refund Assessment Tool. Need feedback!

I think I should also add at this point. The goal of the refund assessment tool is to make the accountant's job easier.

On the development roadmap, I'm going add a feature that lists everything a user might need to use the tool (or file their return) eg. payslips, bank statements, medical bills etc.

There'd be no point in collecting all this info and doing the assessment only to have to repeat the whole process again later.

The user will be given the option to download a pdf printout of all the calculated figures (including formulae) to show their accountant or do their own return.

I might charge a small fee for this part...

Last edited:
As a Landlord I've a few tenants who qualify for rent tax credit, I've reminded them several times and each time they say the same vague response...yeah must get round to it.

This is literally free money, it doesn't get any freer and if I was them I'd have had it done 5 minutes after getting the keys.

My point is simple, you can lead a horse to water etc. ...a crueller version of myself might suggest that some people are just too stupid to be helped.

Back