Is eir the worst company in Ireland for customer service?

Ha ha. I laugh. Poor Carol Ann. She’s earning her keep. At least she’s honest about bad service.

I don’t want promote Eir per se.

How much should one pay for bb/ mobile / basic tv / hone phone per month ?

Broadband: €30 pcm
Mobile: €9.99 pcm
Basic Tv: Free, depends on what you mean by basic??
Home phone: Do you really need one if your mobile is unlimited??

Reactions: Leo
Having been through similar with Eir and Vodafone with regard to poor customer service, it's hard to know what companies are any better. I'm currently with Three mobile broadband for internet and they have been ok to deal with for the most part, though they aren't very good at giving estimates for when service will be resumed when there is an outage. Thankfully that is a rare event.

I suppose it's a bit like the banks in this country, limited competition and poor service as a result.

4 hours of waiting on phone saved me 240 euro with Eir- compared to the next cheapest competitor . Happy days ...

4 hours of waiting on phone saved me 240 euro with Eir- compared to the next cheapest competitor . Happy days ...
Cheaper than competitor? Would you get on outta that!!!

can you answer your own question; how much are you paying for the following:

I'm an Eir customer. I've no complaints about them. But I know for a fact they're not the cheapest.

That being as it may, just wait until something goes wrong and you need Eir’s help to get your broadband up and running. That’s when the real fun starts. I’d happily pay a premium for the knowledge that I can get through to a human easily and quickly and that they will resolve my issue expeditiously. Such was not my experience last year. 100% the opposite in fact.

Correct not the cheapest of you are not on an offer. Have you checked some of had switcher cost conpare sites.

It’s against AAM rules to promote a partiular offer ...

It’s against AAM rules to promote a partiular offer ...
No it's not. If there's a particularly good offer there's nothing wrong with pointing it out to people.

It is against the guidelines to promote the products of your employer without declaring conflict of interest.

Last edited:
I think even the Meercats know that Eir is one of the most expensive supplies if not the most expensive in Ireland
Yes sure they do some good introductory offers but their standard charges are well up there
Looking at their website BB,TV,HP and sim is on offer for €49.97 but goes up to €99.97 12 months later
So my package of €39.99 Pcm saves me €719.76 when compared to Eir's standard pricing
Add Prime to my package. I'll save a little less but I'm still cheaper then their introductory offer

60 seconds on Bonkers.ie confirmed Eir are 33% more expensive than the cheapest rate in my area for the first year and 40% more expansive after that. A phone call confirmed they wouldn't beat those prices.

Can you confirm what area you are in and what rate you are paying?

If they are happy to let you wait for 4 hours to take your money just imagine how long they'll ley you wait after they have your money and you need their help to fix a problem.

Here's a slogan they can use, "Eir; life is too short to use them."

Bonkers is just one offer site. They promote whichever company pays a commission as far as I see.

Have you checked the ‘offers’ page on here. This is not an offers post. I expect it’s updately regularly.

Please confirm the rule that allows users here to promote sites/ offers...

Back