How many days holidays?

Liamos

Just out of curiosity, how many days holidays do you get in your job and do you think its reasonable? I get the bare 20 which don't last long when you take in Christmas etc.

I get 25 days, plus an extra day off for Christmas eve and Good Friday. I think it's great.

My colleagues (though not me) get 70 days. They work in higher eduation.

Oct = 4 days mid-term

Christmas = 3 weeks

Easter = 2 wks

July + Aug = 8 wks

I get 23, used to get same as Mucker Man above in previous company. Kind of grind me that I dont get Good Friday since its an Irish company.

Getting 20 days is crap though, in scenario you know that if they could give you less, they would

My colleagues (though not me) get 70 days. They work in higher eduation.

Oct = 4 days mid-term

Christmas = 3 weeks

Easter = 2 wks

July + Aug = 8 wks

Presumably some of the 70 days is used in setting exams/marking exams/setting coursework for the coming year?

Think under legislation you're entitled to something like 1.75 days per month. That adds up to 21 days.

My current job is 21 days but that includes 3 days at Christmas which sucks but then again I'm only on contract here until the end of October so if I had the choice I know what I'd choose.

20 days + 3.5 days at Christmas + Good Friday (which is not a public holiday)

Not bad, but a few extra would be nice.
The company always approve unpaid leave, unless it impacts a deadline, so its possible to get a few more, if you can take the financial hit,

yeah, good friday is at the company's discretion, although i've never worked for anyone who didn't give the day off

21 days- Rubbish.

Last job was 26 days but you worked 40 hours a week as opposed to 39

20 days hols and I have to use some of them for Christmas. But we have the option to buy a few extra days and that comes out of our salary.
But to be honest what bothers me about the holidays is if I book a week off, then I spend the week before that doing extra hours so I can get work done that needs to get done and then I take a week off, am wrecked for it as I had to do so much the week before. Then I come back and work a load of extra hours to make up the week off.
I really feel the company get a good deal, since they effectively don't give time off if you worked up the hours before and after???
It's a salaried office job, c'est la vie.

Ditto. I get 25 days, but I have to save some of them for over christmas. I usually find it so difficult to take time off (because we are so understaffed, everytime I suggest taking a week off there is some project, some one else off, some deadline, some emergency or some other reason I cant), that I end up wasting days through november and december at a day or two a week just to use them up.

When I do manage to book the time well in advance I have to work extra before and after to make up for it.

29 Rank + service has pushed it to this level.

I have taken 16.5 so far, including 14 for the family Summer holiday. I have 5 days booked for Christmas, leaving 7.5 other days to use before the end of December. Can't carry any into 2011; use or lose.

I'll probably take 4 for the school mid-term break at Halloween.

20 days - from which I have to take christmas too. Don't get good friday - in fact, never have.

End up getting a few days in lieu though due to extra hours worked.

Maybe we should have a day off to celebrate the 12th of July

20 + Good Friday + (usually) Christmas Eve

pixiebean - it's 1.67 days per month worked which equates to 20 days per year

ah thanks db, knew it was around that mark somewhere

Started on 20 days but due to rank and service that's now... 20 days at most.
So far this year I've taken 7 but I'll be taking another 5 before Christmas.