Has anyone any opinions on the BlackBee Healthcare fund?

We also invested a substantial amount in blackbee, both the regulated and unregulated one, on the advice of our financial advisor. It's pretty much all our pension pot gone. We were not warned o any potential risks either.

Blackbee Alternatives promised an update this month. Anyone hear anything?

If I lose my full investment here, say for example €10,000 can I offset that full loss of €10,000 against €10,000 of any gains in the future (CGT)?

Hi, have invested with BlackBee Alternatives in Social Housing Series 1 and spoke with broker last wk. Not looking good. The nursing home mess seems to have created a dominoe effect and David O’Shea is now a one man band with no board to rein him in and his back to the wall. Looks like entire investment gone with little hope of any recovery.

Thx, am also invested with BlackBee Alternatives in Social Housing Series 1. Not happy but you live and learn I suppose.

Blackbee Alternatives promised an update this month. Anyone hear anything?

If I lose my full investment here, say for example €10,000 can I offset that full loss of €10,000 against €10,000 of any gains in the future (CGT)?
No, it is not an offsetable investment.

It is impossible to follow the structures of these companies. Investors go into it thinking they are investing with Blackbee. It is only when things go wrong that they discover that there are numerous of different companies in place and it is difficult to follow the structures and which one is in trouble and which is not.

Hi, have invested with BlackBee Alternatives in Social Housing Series 1 and spoke with broker last wk. Not looking good. The nursing home mess seems to have created a dominoe effect and David O’Shea is now a one man band with no board to rein him in and his back to the wall. Looks like entire investment gone with little hope of any recovery.

We're slightly luckier in that one of our investments in the BlackBee/O'Shea Bubblegum Factory was "regulated" by the Central Bank so we may get some compensation - if we live long enough. :(

I'm waiting for my broker to advise me to invest in O'Shea's latest wheeze, it's called the Flying Pig Bonanza Scheme, is completely unregulated and pays huge commissions to brokers. How could it possibly go wrong?

Last edited:

It is impossible to follow the structures of these companies. Investors go into it thinking they are investing with Blackbee. It is only when things go wrong that they discover that there are numerous of different companies in place and it is difficult to follow the structures and which one is in trouble and which is not.

Its awful reading about all the people there invested in various Blackbee structured investment. Its like the Forrestry schemes all over again.

Its awful reading about all the people there invested in various Blackbee structured investment. Its like the Forrestry schemes all over again.
It might be awful reading about it but it's much worse having invested in it :D

Can you tell me why it's not offsetable?
Is it because it was unregulated?
Thx.

I can distinctly recall my broker telling me that - about 12 months ago! Only when the BlackBee cheque drops into my letterbox, will I believe it.
100÷ agree and have been through the same myself but fingers crossed this time.

Back