Guilty Secret - Katy Perry - for the music...

I can't believe anyone likes Katie Perry "music".

California Gurls - hate with a passion and radio has to be turned off when it comes on. There is a line something like daisy dukes and bikinis or something and I just cant bear to listen to it. Cringe even thinking aboubt it. I always thought she would be able to hold a note though and could not believe how bad her "singing" was on X Factor last week.

That said - lovin' the GaGa.

Ah yes, the sweet taste of vindication!! In todays Indo, page 33 of Metro edition, under the heading "Five great songs this year that Mr. John should hear" (basically retorting to Elton John saying all current pop music was brutal) was the following:

"Teenage Dream: Dismiss the new Mrs Russell Brand at your peril. The former purveyor of Christian ballads has been moulded into a striking pop machine. The music may fall into the guilty pleasures box, but if it appears on the radio, you'll turn it up loud".

Which leads me to wonder what Freudian concoction made me entitle this thread "guilty secret" instead of the more appropriate "guilty pleasure" !!

Since it was in the Indo I don't believe it - it's probably all some ploy to get at the public sector. I haven't a clue what form that would take but I'm sure that's what it is though.

Back