Free car park in Dublin centre on Sunday

hakouna

Any advise on where in Dublin City centre ( preferably close to temple Bar) I can park free full day from 6am ? Thanks in advance

You can park in Jervis Street for €13 a day. Most on street parking has a 2 hour limit.
You can pre-book the car park in Temple bar for €19 a day. If you just drive in it'll be €4020 an hour.
Thanks Purple ... I checked Jervy's street car park and they don't seem to offer early booking from 6am -10 PM

"Sorry but the carpark will not offer this product for a period of your stay, please amend the entry and exit times and refer to the open hours on the information page."

Park Rite in the IFSC (obviously not that near Temple Bar and not free as per the original query) used to be comparatively cheap for city centre but I haven't used it in years.
I suspect that most or all on street parking is charged for even on Sundays?
In which case you'd also have a maximum 3 hour stay anyway.
I think that there was free on street parking around Cook Street on Sundays but again I don't know the current arrangements.

Park Rite in the IFSC (obviously not that near Temple Bar and not free as per the original query) used to be comparatively cheap for city centre but I haven't used it in years.
I suspect that most or all on street parking is charged for even on Sundays?
In which case you'd also have a maximum 3 hour stay anyway.
I think that there was free on street parking around Cook Street on Sundays but again I don't know the current arrangements.
Cheers Club man , IFSC opening hours on Sunday is 9am-midnight

Thanks Purple ... I checked Jervy's street car park and they don't seem to offer early booking from 6am -10 PM
ParkRite on Fleet St is 19 euro from 6am to midnight if you pre-book.

A lot of the multi storey car parks don't open so early on a Sunday.

Cheers Club man , IFSC opening hours on Sunday is 9am-midnight
Talking of the IFSC, there used to be free street parking across the river from the IFSC on Sundays, that's about as central as free parking gets as far as I know. Haven't been there is a few years though.

Anyone tried this website , is it reliable ?

I used it in the past and it seemed a bit hit and miss to me - i.e. you could not necessarily rely on the data being correct or up to date.
Haven't used it lately though.

If I'm not mistaken most street parking spaces in Dublin city centre are free on Sundays e.g. Merrion Square etc.
I'm not so sure. Emphasis is mine.
Check the hours during which you have to buy a ticket
These are indicated on street signs, e.g. "07:00 to 19:00, Monday to Saturday". In some areas you have to pay after 19:00, as well as on Saturdays and Sundays.
Parking is zone based in Dublin city with different charges for the different zones. The yellow zone charges €3.50 per hour, the red zone charges €3.00 per hour, the green zone charges €1.80 per hour, the orange zone charges €1.10 per hour and the blue zone charges €0.80c per hour. These zones are indicated by the colour strip on the street sign where you are parked and also on the pay-and-display machines on the street. The operational times are on the street signs. The white zone is a small central core section of the yellow zone that charges €1.60 per hour and is operational between 2pm and 6pm on Sundays.

Google Street maps could be your friend here. Just browse the roads in the area you are interested in and check the parking signs to see if Sunday is charged
I wouldn't bank on Google Street View being up to date for such stuff.

Updated November/December 2022 when I'm looking around city centre so I'd say its safe enough.

Fair enough but I'm 100% sure the last time I parked in Merrion Square on a Sunday it was free. Not sure about other areas of the city centre.
So it is! :)
Dublin City Council's zones are very confusing.
The white zone is active 2-6pm Sundays but they don't explicitly clarify if the other zones are free on Sundays.
I'm sure that I've seen non white zone areas requiring payment on Sundays.

Back