Euromillions - who is doing it?

fobs

With the Euromillions draw tonight heading for 150 million are AAM's playing? Are you doing it by yourself,syndicates or never do the lotto? Just curious. Also what would you do with 150 million or a stake thereof?

I did 2 lines - though I don't do either the euro or Irish one regularly.

If I won more than 20k I'd pack in my job and take 6 months off before heading back to college.
Though if I won more than a million I probably wouldn't go back to college.
I'd be quite happy to be a lady of leisure.
Some shrewd investments and plenty of time-intensive hobbies would be enough to keep me going.

I did two lines as well, but really only to enable me to day dream about what I would do with the money if I won. The odds on getting the correct numbers are crazy!!

If I did win, my resignation letter would arrive in work on the back of a postcard on Monday morning

€150 million would screw me up big time! What would I have to live for? I'd have no goals. I'd be quite happy just to win 1 or 2 million. I suppose I could just give away the other €148 million

EUR4 for 2 lines - one less pint over the weekend, worth the price of a daydream to me

pnagle said:
€150 million would screw me up big time! What would I have to live for? I'd have no goals. I'd be quite happy just to win 1 or 2 million. I suppose I could just give away the other €148 million

Sign me up for a million then

me me me Im doing it!!!!!!! I do it every week and have won the odd few quid on it, €8 here and there. If your not in, you cant win remember.

Dont know what I would do with the money, go and hide probably!! Have already warned the Boss if Im not in on Monday Im on the way to Dublin to collect the cheque and dont ring me cos I will have already changed my mobile number!!!!!!

I'd be otta here so fast they wouldn't see me for dust.
Part of Fobs sindycate as I would never get myself organised enough to do the lotto myself.

Almost always do the lotto - it's my main "luxury" item expenditure. Have always said that I'll put same amount I spend on lotto into a savings account so if I ever won the lotto I'd be able to tell how much profit I'd made. But although I usually manage to find the money for the lotto (minimum amount each week, don't want to be completely foolish) I can never find the same again to do that. Reckon I've probably spent about eight thousand over the years (have been playing regularly ever since it was introduced which I think was about 1991/92?). Actually come to think of it I rarely played while I lived in Germany so it's probably a bit less than that but still, a lot of money.

In the context of the debt I have it's a bit shaming to think I've spent that much but it's something I've decided I like to do and will continue to do. Can't say I've every won anything big either, got £25 once and thought I was rich! Otherwise have won €8 or a scratch card a few times but not often.

I have a long list of things I would do with the money - have to say the list has changed enourmously since I started reading AAM and finding out more about things like gift tax etc. I do believe in that old saying that money won't make you happy but it'll sure buy you a better class of misery

Like the post above: it's worth the price of a daydream. That sums it up nicely for me.

LollyMc said:
Have already warned the Boss if Im not in on Monday Im on the way to Dublin to collect the cheque and dont ring me cos I will have already changed my mobile number!!!!!!
Careful now...

[broken link removed]

First time to play Euromillions; simply announced at work this morning " anyone for a quick-pick? "; 32 names & cash appeared quite quickly!
9 chose their own numbers.
won't hire the coach/helicopters just yet.

Got a quick pick when dropping off the post. Mr.V asked me to get one. Apparently he's already committed several million to his close buddies in the event of a winning ticket...and vice versa. And has picked out a new car for when he wins. Can you tell he's an optimist?

Anytime I do it I'm convinced I'm going to win - it's a disappointment when I'm throwing the ticket in the bin!

Brian4B said:
Back of playing slip says approximate odds of winning are 1/ 76,275,360.

That means you could double your money if you buy 76,275,360 different numbered tickets and hope no-one else won it!

Do you have to go public if you win it?

I think terminals shut at 7.30pm.