engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
origional poster here

Hi guy's.

Original poster here. Thanks all for the feedback. In the end we bought from a UK diamond whole seller at www.cooldiamonds.com

Have to say they were excellent. To put into perspective how much *some* jewellers are ripping off the Irish public Park Jewelers, Headford Road, Galway (in the Dunnes shopping center Terryland) had a 1/2 carrot diamond ring for E2200. My GF asked to see the certificate. The assistant said there was none with the ring (WTF) but she would ring with the details. She did and my GF (woops Fiance) puched the details into cooldiamonds.com to check how much they charge for the same ring. JUST OVER E600!!!!! Granted add another E200 for the band.

Don't get caught out by those ripping off Ireland.

ring ring

Hi unreg, thanks for the update, had a look at the website and was very impressed. Did you have the diamond valued here for insurance purposes? Just wondering if you actually get what you're paying for (I'd be a little reluctant to spend that much money on a ring I saw on the web, even with all the press clippings...). Also is there a standard certificate for diamonds ie can anyone create their own cert to say what kind of diamond it is? thanks again.

600?

Hi Unreg,

How can you get a .5 carat diamond for 600?
The cheapest I could find was about 1500.

What was the color, cut and clarity?

Don't forget ebay as well.
We're not talking about a bunch of cowboy, but companies with thousands of positive feedback who give a 30 day money back guarantee so that you can inspect the ring or you can go to where they're based e.g. LA or NY.
They've 2 carat rings worth $12,000 selling for just $3,000.

a

Anyone checked cooldiamonds today? When I click 'go to shop', I get a blind link. Might be coz I use an iMac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back