Eir GoMo - 9.99 EUR for unlimited calls, texts, 80GB data and 10GB EU data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure how gomo works for some people - has it for a week and was terrible. Data kept coming and going. Calls were fine. When I asked they said there was no transmitter in my area. There are actually 10. Then they said they linked me to it - but that was not working either. Plus it’s a mobile - so expect I need to be able to access any transmitter on the go. I left and that was not easy either. I note my two friends who joined at same time had similar issues.

Tried many times in past two days to sign up to GoMo. Every time I get to the payments details section I get error message
"Oops...
An error has occurred, please try again or contact our webchat team."

In order to contact their webchat team I must be a signed up member and already have an account and log in password.

If their mobile phone service is anything like their Mickey Mouse website, I'm probably better off staying put.

Try a different browser and/or card. If that does not work, contact support via Twitter.

Unsure how gomo works for some people - has it for a week and was terrible. Data kept coming and going. Calls were fine. When I asked they said there was no transmitter in my area. There are actually 10. Then they said they linked me to it - but that was not working either. Plus it’s a mobile - so expect I need to be able to access any transmitter on the go. I left and that was not easy either. I note my two friends who joined at same time had similar issues.

I have no problems whatsoever. Very happy with the service.

Mobile service, with all networks, can be hit and miss depending on where you live.

Have no problems at all with Eir or Virgin media. Live in city. So shouldn’t be any issues - not sure why I experienced a downgrade with gomo

What phone are you using?

Try a different browser and/or card. If that does not work, contact support via Twitter.
Tried 2 different browsers on my own computer. Also tried separately on my wife's computer. Same result.
The card is not relevant. A click anywhere in the payment details section gets the error message.
I wonder is it because I am moving away from Eir that this is happening or am I just being cynical.

They have had issues with their website recently. Report it to them on twitter.

Tried 2 different browsers on my own computer. Also tried separately on my wife's computer. Same result.
The card is not relevant. A click anywhere in the payment details section gets the error message.
I wonder is it because I am moving away from Eir that this is happening or am I just being cynical.

Does this trick help? https://twitter.com/GoMoIrelandCare/status/1202489831940657153

Have you reported the issue to GoMo via Twitter?

Hi All. I've just switched to gomo (and porting number, etc. was nice and easy with no issues, by the way). I see the "for life" part doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere in the terms and conditions or in any mails they sent me as part of sign-up. It's only in the advertising on their site (which they might remove at some later time). Anyone know if that's sufficient in say a year or two if they decide to up the price/cancel the plan/whatever? I'm going to mail them with a few screenshots from their site, asking for confirmation by mail.

That's odd. I'm signed up, and a friend signed up on Wed, no issue. I went into the payments section no problems at all.

Last edited:
Hi All. I've just switched to gomo (and porting number, etc. was nice and easy with no issues, by the way). I see the "for life" part doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere in the terms and conditions or in any mails they sent me as part of sign-up. It's only in the advertising on their site (which they might remove at some later time). Anyone know if that's sufficient in say a year or two if they decide to up the price/cancel the plan/whatever? I'm going to mail them with a few screenshots from their site, asking for confirmation by mail.
I see that. It will be interesting to hear how they reply. I signed up a few weeks ago. Not sure if it applies to me at all. I see on their site they simply say 'our plan' €9.99 pm. Does this mean everyone who ever signed up or just at the moment up to 8th January when the 'offer' ends?

Their website still says "for life".

Whist the T&C's may not guarantee this, Eir would be slated everywhere if they did not honor the "for life" part.

Similar offers, in France and Italy, by the Eir owner, were advertised years ago as "forever" and the price has not changed since.

Tried to sign up to GoMo again this morning. Same result.
Thanks for all the replies and help. I've never used Twitter. I just opened a twitter account. I don't know how to contact GoMo on Twitter or even send a Tweet. I see Twitter has a help section. I will look at that tonight. In the meantime I need to get on with my life.

I resent that I have to learn about Twitter to contact GoMO. I will probably use Twitter once in my life.

Eir are offering the same SIM only 9.99deal 30day notice, but no need to pay the 9.99 deposit/register at GoMo.

In fact my new Eir contract (was existing customer just out of contract, haggled with "retention team" ) is 75Euro/month, 12 month contract.

For this I have unlimited fibre , EIR TV, landline (never used), and 2 x mobiles covered data,texts,calls.

Job done. I signed up from Microsoft Edge. I tried many times last week from both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox from 2 different computers but no joy. Am baffled as to what the problem was.

Many thanks to all who responded for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back