Eir GoMo - 9.99 EUR for unlimited calls, texts, 80GB data and 10GB EU data

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone is unaware of the new Eir GoMo.ie offering, I thought this really good offer was worth a new thread.

- 9.99 EUR per month
- 9.99 EUR activation fee
- Unlimited calls
- Unlimited texts
- 80 GB 4G data (unlimited usage beyond 80 GB at a lower speed)
- 10 GB EU roaming data
- Sim only
- Offer "for life"
- Customer support online only
- First 100,000 customers only

Last edited:
Bug thread on Boards about it but in general looks like a great deal and a rolling contract too so if not happy, give them one month's notice and be off with you.

What is interesting is they have split this from their new TV service based on Apple TV, and you cannot bundle the two of them. Clearly targeting different markets.
But yes, the big thing is the offer for life - whatever that means ! Its still a great deal if you are in a good coverage area

Sure they'll get their target No of customers, but going on all the different blogs on this subject I'll be doing what lots more are doing and waiting for word back on how everything is going. If it's good, every other network will do similar and no doubt learn from GoMo a way of making it easier to sign up.

My wife and I signed up last night. It's €9.99 incl vat. She is with three and I'm with eir currently. I've had very little problems with the eir mobile service. Customer service hasn't been great but I rarely need to contact them so I believe it's worth the risk. This will save us €30 a month collectively.

it will be interesting to see if the other companies react.

Hopefully this will drive a bit of a price war.

I am on virgin at the moment for my personal phone that I use very little due to a work phone 15 a month.
Although could be worth changing the wife's phone she is already with EIR and happy so should be no noticeable difference.

Sunday Independent reports that Eir are well on their way to 100k GoMo customers. So if the offer really is restricted to 100k customers, then anyone interested in this offer should sign up soon.

Sunday Independent reports that Eir are well on their way to 100k GoMo customers. So if the offer really is restricted to 100k customers, then anyone interested in this offer should sign up soon.

The article didn't actually say that

The article said "But only for the first 100,000 customers. My understanding is that a few days into the new product, they're well on their way to hitting this figure."

A couple of sentences later in the same article "Like how will we know it has extended its offer to 100,000 customers?" and goes on to question the methodology of doing this. Just keeping it honest.

I have a newish mobile phone that had been put away for the past while. It's locked to Vodafone but am not a Vodafone customer. How do I go about getting it unlocked? I would really appreciate if anyone could steer me in the right direction as i've a niece who would be really happy to use it and I would like to sign her up to the new Eir Go Mo.

If its locked to Vodafone, then they would be your first port of call to request the unlock code.
Assuming you fulfill their T&Cs they will provide it, but don't expect it to be instant .

If its locked to Vodafone, then they would be your first port of call to request the unlock code.
Assuming you fulfill their T&Cs they will provide it, but don't expect it to be instant .
As I said, I am not a customer and will not be one so they won't open it and yes, I am sure of that.

As I said, I am not a customer and will not be one so they won't open it and yes, I am sure of that.
I know you are not a customer of Vodaphone but whoever was/is can contact them for the code (which they must provide).
It does not need to be opened to enter the code.
Are you sure it is locked, have you tried a SIM from another network?

Failing that there are many other avenues open to you to unlock it.
Can you tell me the EXACT model of phone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back