Children selling gambling products door-to-door

Status
Not open for further replies.
read the OP. I provided two areas for concern, one shared by child protection services.
The fact that child protection fobbed you off would be enough for most people to understand this isn't something they are concerned about. I know of a couple of cases where they were contacted and had an inspector on-site within 30 minutes, so this isn't a case of them not addressing an are of concern, it's more likely someone just trying to politely get you off the phone so they can deal with the real problems.

Source: https://www.problemgambling.ie/https://www.problemgambling.ie/
Excellent, now show me where they say children selling raffle tickets is a problem? What I've seen all points to exposure to lottery type gambling which involves odds based on the prediction of future events is where the real problem is once combined with a poor grasp of maths and a misplaced confidence in their ability to predict the future.

All children should be exposed to the detailed workings of raffles. It would aid in learning probability and likely ensure fewer end up with gambling problems. The earlier they learn the house always wins the better.

Every primary school in the country has a raffle at some stage and probably every parent in the country has got tickets home from the school. I've seen no evidence that sends kids into becoming hardened gamblers. A far bigger impact is likely to be football shirts sponsered by bookies or pitch side advertising or the very funny Paddy Power ads that pop up Social Media.

they dared to sell a few raffle tickets
Read my posts - they weren't selling raffle tickets. Apparently you have little better to do with your life than not read my posts properly and then ask irrelevant questions.

If you wish to comment usefully on a topic, it helps if you take the time to get the subject matter correct.

For something you describe as "trivial" it has certainly got you and a few others energised. I wonder why.

BTW, point me to a post where I come across to you as hysterical, that would prove insightful. As both @Leo and @torblednam liked your post they might do the same, although @Leo isn't one for answering questions. To add to the TV show analogies already posted, Judge Judy comes to mind. "I'm not here to answer questions, I ask them!"

The fact that child protection fobbed you off would be enough for most people to understand this isn't something they are concerned about. I know of a couple of cases where they were contacted and had an inspector on-site within 30 minutes, so this isn't a case of them not addressing an are of concern, it's more likely someone just trying to politely get you off the phone so they can deal with the real problems.

Excellent, now show me where they say children selling raffle tickets is a problem? What I've seen all points to exposure to lottery type gambling which involves odds based on the prediction of future events is where the real problem is once combined with a poor grasp of maths and a misplaced confidence in their ability to predict the future.

All children should be exposed to the detailed workings of raffles. It would aid in learning probability and likely ensure fewer end up with gambling problems. The earlier they learn the house always wins the better.
Once again Leo and everyone else who has mentioned them, I never said they were selling raffle tickets. Read my OP.

Every primary school in the country has a raffle at some stage and probably every parent in the country has got tickets home from the school. I've seen no evidence that sends kids into becoming hardened gamblers. A far bigger impact is likely to be football shirts sponsered by bookies or pitch side advertising or the very funny Paddy Power ads that pop up Social Media.
I agree about shirt sponsors but I never mentioned raffles. Read my OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back