Avant Money pays my Credit Card stamp duty for me

Pmc365

It's described here:

If you don't use it then ditch it altogether?
I just had the credit card in case I wanted to make a large purchase and hadn't funds immediately to hand.
Avant Money actually pay my stamp duty on the card every year so the card effectively costs me nothing. I think I will just stop carrying the card around with me in case I loose it.
Avant Money make no money on me, in fact they loose money. Just the way I want it.

Avant Money actually pay my stamp duty on the card every year so the card effectively costs me nothing. I think I will just stop carrying the card around with me in case I loose it.
Avant Money make no money on me, in fact they loose money. Just the way I want it.
How do you mmanage to get them to pay the stamp duty?

Who put this up as a heading on a post." Avant Money Pays my stamp duty for me" It wasn't me. I don't like the fact other people can put up posts like this as if I wrote them when I did not post this separate thread. Is this allowed. I did not write that heading somebody else did. I'm very surprised. How do I remove it. Avant Money only paid my stamp duty as a goodwill gesture. It doesn't mean they will do it for everyone else.

Last edited:
The poster in the original thread had been defrauded which is very distressing for him.

You kick off a discussion about Avant paying your stamp duty.

It is very annoying for someone who wants to find out how to deal with fraud to have the thread derailed.

But the fact that Avant paid your stamp duty is interesting. so it was moved to a separate thread.

Edit the title if it is not what you want.

When I was closing my An Post credit card (which is an Avant one) they offered to pay my stamp duty if I stayed. I switched to AIB Platinum for the cashback. We put every household expense through the card and clear it every month.

We have received €71.67 so far. Take away €6.94 from that one time where I misjudged the date and didn't actually clear it in time and €30 stamp duty and we're 'up' €34.73 on the Avant offer.

Although I just noticed Avant offer €150 for signing up so I may switch again :)

Is there a window to change credit card so you don't pay stamp duty twice in the same year ?
Revolut credit card has some good features, cash back, one time use virtual card = they wont pay your stamp duty, but as above, will probably get more back in cash back over a year - anyone any experience or views on Revolut credit card ?

Is there a window to change credit card so you don't pay stamp duty twice in the same year ?
If you are changing to a different credit card account, you don’t have to pay the duty again for that year. When you are closing the account your card issuer will give you a letter of closure stating that you have paid your stamp duty for the year. If you give this letter to your new card issuer, you will not be charged stamp duty by them for that year. You can change account as often as you like during the year without paying extra duty, once you transfer a letter of closure between the card issuers each time.

The poster in the original thread had been defrauded which is very distressing for him.

You kick off a discussion about Avant paying your stamp duty.

It is very annoying for someone who wants to find out how to deal with fraud to have the thread derailed.

But the fact that Avant paid your stamp duty is interesting. so it was moved to a separate thread.

Edit the title if it is not what you want.
1. I did not say " Avant Money Pays my stamp duty for me". Somebody else put this exact wording up in a separate thread.
2. I do not want it in a separate thread. If I did I would have done so myself.
3. If I posted inappropriately earlier on a thread concerning a customer experiencing fraud then feel free to remove it. I didn't give permission for a separate thread under my name and the heading authored by somebody else.
4. I would like the separate thread saying " Avant Money Pays my stamp duty for me" removed. I did not want a separate thread UNDER MY NAME when I did NOT put it up. It is under my name but I did not put it up and somebody else came up with the wording on the heading and posted it as if I was the author when I was not.
5. I do not know how to edit the title. I tried but could not. I would request the title removed entirely. It was not put up by me but by somebody else under my name. I'm very surprised by this.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Back